Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going in circles re pet papers

Going in circles re pet papers

Old Sep 6th 2016, 4:48 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going in circles re pet papers

I've found the details of how much we paid, and the price has come down a lot in the last two years. We paid Petsaway CAD 2,177, most of which went to Air Transat, and vets fees were a further $436.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 9:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going in circles re pet papers

Originally Posted by pammy68
Can anyone confirm if any airlines allow you to do this yourself, seems the ones I've tried all use third party shippers eg boomerang, gets so pricey abd tbh things are beyond tight also a lot seem to want me to travel with or within so many days of my pet, this won't be possible if I have to wait more than a week
It's not the airline or pet travel company that makes the rules about travelling within 5 days of your pet, it's a UK government rule. The link below should answer most of your questions, best of luck.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview
Travelling with your pet

Your pet must arrive in the UK no more than 5 days before or after you, or you’ll have to follow different rules.

You must use an approved transport company and route unless you’re travelling between the UK and Ireland.