Going back to the Uk

Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough
Default Going back to the Uk

Hi,We are looking into going back to the Uk in the next couple of months and are trying to get quotes for the funiture and a price to send the dog back!
If anyone can let me know of any companies that they have used or have heard off that are good we would really appreciate it.We are in Sydney and will be going to London.Also any companies to avoid would also be good to know,thanks for any help.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going back to the Uk

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
Hi,We are looking into going back to the Uk in the next couple of months and are trying to get quotes for the funiture and a price to send the dog back!
If anyone can let me know of any companies that they have used or have heard off that are good we would really appreciate it.We are in Sydney and will be going to London.Also any companies to avoid would also be good to know,thanks for any help.
Here's a starter re official requirements for importing the pooch.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

You may be eligible for PETS, so that will reduce the cost re quarantine etc.

Shout back if you req. more 'vet' advice. Gerry.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 12:26 am
Just Joined

ABOD has a brilliant futureABOD has a brilliant futureABOD has a brilliant futureABOD has a brilliant futureABOD has a brilliant futureABOD has a brilliant future

Hi
We are doing exactly the same except we have decided to move to Bath. I got quotes from OSS, Kent and Bolts (they allow you to pack your own items but with no insurance for breakage?). Kent were the cheapest by about $1,000. We are moving 23 sq m for $6000 in groupage and with packing here and at the other end.

Coming out here we used Robinsons Removals (avoid).

We are also moving two cats. Make sure that your dog has had his rabies jab and blood tests at least six months before departure. We were misinformed by the vet in Bondi (avoid). We used Struggletown vets in Randwick, very helpful. For courier firms Jet Pets seem to be the one everyone recommends, they have quoted us $2600 for the two of them. They can give you a quote over the phone.

I hope this helps. How long were you in Australia for?
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:33 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We used Trans International 20ft container and Sky pets for our dog Molly. This was 15months ago so don't think its worth telling you prices. We did the PETS passport scheme with Molly which was brilliant as I think she would have suffered going to quarantine.

Good luck.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Polyphemus
Here's a starter re official requirements for importing the pooch.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

You may be eligible for PETS, so that will reduce the cost re quarantine etc.

Shout back if you req. more 'vet' advice. Gerry.
Thanks,we got the pet passport sorted before we left the UK as we did not want him to have to go into quarantine in the uk if we did come home.We now have to have his rabbies booster done,we have been told we need to do it at least a month before it runs out,and that he does not need another blood test! So that will save us a little bit of money.Thanks Claire
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info,could you send me the number for Kent and I can get a quote.At the moment we have been quoted $8000 for a 20 footer and $12000 for a 40 footer so we can take the car back.This is a self pack but they will pack up the big stuff,which is what we had on the way out here.
With the dog we have had a good quote from animal travel who quoted $100 less than Jet pets.But at $3200 (big dog) its still cheap as we paid that in £'s.!!!!
WE are in the eastern beaches ,and have been here nearly a year,we just feel its expensive and it's time to go home.Now we need to find good flights!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pants
Hi

We used Trans International 20ft container and Sky pets for our dog Molly. This was 15months ago so don't think its worth telling you prices. We did the PETS passport scheme with Molly which was brilliant as I think she would have suffered going to quarantine.

Good luck.
Thanks,I agree our dog would of hated it without us for so long.Pet passport's are great ,and saves all the heartache of leaving your dog.The kid's would be in pieces for sure.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 11:14 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,I agree our dog would of hated it without us for so long.Pet passport's are great ,and saves all the heartache of leaving your dog.The kid's would be in pieces for sure.
so like another poster mentioned it will take approx 7mnths or so all in all with PETS scheme due to vaccines, blood test then results then 6mnths from that..!! but all worth it plus you miss Winter here....grey dull skies.. :scared: !!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

micha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pants
Hi

Good luck.
I AM HOPEFULLY MOVING TO OZ THIS YEAR SOMETIME....

JUST READING THE POST AND YOU SAY THAT YOU GOT YOUR PET A PASSPORT!! IF YUR PET HAS A PASSPORT DOES IT NOT NEED TO GO INTO QUARANTINE ON ARRIVAL IN OZ? ANY INFO WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

CHEERS

MICHA
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:02 pm
Live the moment

Originally Posted by micha

JUST READING THE POST AND YOU SAY THAT YOU GOT YOUR PET A PASSPORT!! IF YUR PET HAS A PASSPORT DOES IT NOT NEED TO GO INTO QUARANTINE ON ARRIVAL IN OZ? ANY INFO WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

CHEERS

MICHA

sorry Micha

I got my dog in Oz so can't comment...!! someone else will no doubt tell you what's what..!!!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

CHEERS

MICHA
The PETs ("passport") scheme is to avoid quarantine when bringing an animal into the UK, not taking it to Oz.

I just did a quick Google using "Australian quarantine pets" and got a stack of good hits (some official or business sites, some personal experiences), so maybe you could try that too.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

CHEERS

MICHA
Pet Passport is only for re-import to UK, and export to some EU countries at present. It is effectively just a rabies booster record in Aus.

UK is still approved rabies free by AQIS, so short quarantine (30 days) applies

Here is the DAFF / AQIS link - look at the .pdf for importing from approved countries.

http://www.daff.gov.au/content/outpu...ntType=outputs

Keep up the rabies booster at advised frequency and your Pet Passport remains valid, just in case you want to return to the UK.

G.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
The PETs ("passport") scheme is to avoid quarantine when bringing an animal into the UK, not taking it to Oz.
Yep, you can't even take a cheese sandwich into Oz without being intercepted by the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service!!

(all for the right reasons tho.)