British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   going back..shannon imm experiences (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/going-back-shannon-imm-experiences-725962/)

andy1 Jul 22nd 2011 10:23 pm

Re: going back..shannon imm experiences

ok , didnt mean to cause an issue , just worried thats all ! so , this PFI ? do i have to do imm AGAIN in U.S. ?

Noorah101 Jul 22nd 2011 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by andy1 (Post 9512829)
And what if one is skint? has no money ? and has to beg steal and borrow ? as for the re-entry permit..it can take up to 6 mths..because the powers that be are basically swamped with applications , are totally inept at there job , and basically couldnt give a dam..this is from someone who was denied 3 times for AOS , and had to be told by an ENGLISHMAN at the U.S. Embassy in London that ..should never have been denied ! GO IMM :rofl:

It might take that long to get the actual re-entry permit in hand, right. But it only takes a few weeks to file the I-131 and get the biometrics appointment. You can have the re-entry permit either mailed to the embassy overseas where you can pick it up in person, or someone who is checking your mail at home in the USA can send it to you.

Unlike the Advance Parole document, you CAN leave the USA before getting the re-entry permit in hand.

Rene

S Folinsky Jul 22nd 2011 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by andy1 (Post 9512855)
ok , didnt mean to cause an issue , just worried thats all ! so , this PFI ? do i have to do imm AGAIN in U.S. ?

Andy: Already told you, what it means that you should talk to a lawyer who knows abandonment.

BTW, again you are the one in charge of certain actions -- one of which is your routing back to the US.

S Folinsky Jul 22nd 2011 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9512867)
It might take that long to get the actual re-entry permit in hand, right. But it only takes a few weeks to file the I-131 and get the biometrics appointment. You can have the re-entry permit either mailed to the embassy overseas where you can pick it up in person, or someone who is checking your mail at home in the USA can send it to you.

Unlike the Advance Parole document, you CAN leave the USA before getting the re-entry permit in hand.

Rene

Rene: It pays to remember that this is rhetorical in regards to Andy. He did not take care of business before departure.

I remember a discussion here where a person characterized "DIY" as "FIUY."

Rete Jul 23rd 2011 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9512867)

Rene

No offense meant, Rene. However, twice Andy has written that he did not apply for the Re-entry Permit because he could not afford it.

Rete

Noorah101 Jul 24th 2011 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 9514441)
No offense meant, Rene. However, twice Andy has written that he did not apply for the Re-entry Permit because he could not afford it.

Rete

My apologies. I thought he just didn't know about it or didn't research it ahead of time.

Rene