Going Back

Old May 1st 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough
Default Going Back

we arrived end of Jan 07 we went to the Gold Coast we rented a flat in currumbin which is a really nice place my daughter settled in really well she went to Elenora high School she loved it there my son went to currumbin junior school he has never liked it over here in Oz.
we thought it would be so easy to find work me being a chef manager in uk ,my wife a teacher how wrong was i we applied for at least over 100 jobs the worst thing is you never here from them if you have the job or not which really pissed me off at time the 4 months or so bring has been the most frustrated time of our life!! I did mange to find some causal work which turned out shit to they just out to use you when they want you the would rather have school kids to do the jobs for peanuts,wages here are so low price of food is expensive here to within 4 months of being here we spent over £10k.
its all money money ,and nothing coming in ,now we are getting so bored here to.We love it here to but the work situation is crazy its a common thing here to.
Here its not what you know its who,
Old May 1st 2007, 4:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back

Originally Posted by joe38
we arrived end of Jan 07 we went to the Gold Coast we rented a flat in currumbin which is a really nice place my daughter settled in really well she went to Elenora high School she loved it there my son went to currumbin junior school he has never liked it over here in Oz.
we thought it would be so easy to find work me being a chef manager in uk ,my wife a teacher how wrong was i we applied for at least over 100 jobs the worst thing is you never here from them if you have the job or not which really pissed me off at time the 4 months or so bring has been the most frustrated time of our life!! I did mange to find some causal work which turned out shit to they just out to use you when they want you the would rather have school kids to do the jobs for peanuts,wages here are so low price of food is expensive here to within 4 months of being here we spent over £10k.
its all money money ,and nothing coming in ,now we are getting so bored here to.We love it here to but the work situation is crazy its a common thing here to.
I seem to see so many posts about people who have gone to Aus or NZ and hate it! Is it misinformation before you go that causes it?
Old May 1st 2007, 4:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to see so many posts about people who have gone to Aus or NZ and hate it! Is it misinformation before you go that causes it?
Old May 1st 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel and so do many others, it took over a year for me to make the move back to the uk and real glad I did. However I have to say the 3 month point of arriving in Oz is generally the worst point where the novelty of being there has worn thin and realities of work school and bills take over plus the family and mates back home carry on with their lives.

try and persevere longer but feel free to rant on this site about things we all know where you are coming from. good things DO happen in Oz too
Old May 1st 2007, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light

I know it is so frustrating applying for jobs and having no reply. I am a qualified teacher and have really struggled finding work. Good luck in what ever you do. It is scary how much money you spend coming over here isn't it especially when you can't find a job

Last edited by stardust; May 1st 2007 at 10:53 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

If the work situation was better would you stay?

The getting work bit is awful if you cant. Are you definately heading back, you're not going to give it a bit longer?

best of luck whatver you do do
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:00 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stardust
I know it is so frustrating applying for jobs and having no reply. I am a qualified teacher and have really struggled finding work. Good luck in what ever you do. It is scary how much money you spend coming over here isn't it especially when you can't find a job
What amazes me is that there is a massive shortage of teachers all over OZ, so when i hear that a professional teacher from the UK is struggling to get a job, it is just bloody ridiculous!!!!!

What on earth are the government trying to do, wanting trained and skilled workers, then when they get here it's like "f**k off"..

I too am going home for the same reasons. No work, no money, no fun!
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I too am going home for the same reasons. No work, no money, no fun!
A'men to that line too!!

At least we get to illeviate our boredom on here! lol

Last edited by wafc; May 2nd 2007 at 4:49 am.
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
A'men to that line too!!

At least we get to eluviate our boredom on here! lol
Hi

Is everyone on here from Perth.

Never been but it sounds like the Truman Show the way everyone talks.
isnt it nice countryside south of Perth?
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi

Is everyone on here from Perth.

Never been but it sounds like the Truman Show the way everyone talks.
isnt it nice countryside south of Perth?
There are a lot of people on here from Perth. The reason I mentioned boredom is due to not working. (although Perth is also rather boring at times!)

I'm sure there is some lovely countryside south of Perth. My main reasons for going back are not due to Perth itself though, we just want to be back with family and friends and our social lives etc, we just miss England (all the good bits anyway! lol).
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

There are a lot of people on here from Perth. The reason I mentioned boredom is due to not working. (although Perth is also rather boring at times!)

I'm sure there is some lovely countryside south of Perth. My main reasons for going back are not due to Perth itself though, we just want to be back with family and friends and our social lives etc, we just miss England (all the good bits anyway! lol).
Ahhhh

Yes, I miss all the good bits........brill arent they

Good luck
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:26 am
Account Closed

A'men to that line too!!

At least we get to illeviate our boredom on here! lol
Well Stu, looks like i might be home for Xmas

Like i have said before, citizenship can kiss my Ass, no point in hanging around. Just need to sort my pussy's out ( my cats i mean lol)

God i need to live again
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Well Stu, looks like i might be home for Xmas

Like i have said before, citizenship can kiss my Ass, no point in hanging around. Just need to sort my pussy's out ( my cats i mean lol)

God i need to live again
Thats superb news Rach!!

I will have regrets about not staying for citizenship but then I also think "if I'll never use it, whats the point?!". We also have about 3 years in which we can come back to make up the 2 years, but I very much doubt that will happen.

Good luck with the pussy's btw!
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:36 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

We were the same. My job was ok but hubby's was just awful - low paid, hardly ever able to work a full week. It was just so worrying never knowing if we were going to be able to pay the rent each month and seeing the equity from our house go so fast. I think those who are happy in Oz and have regular decently paid employment just can't possibly understand the traumas of work instability.

After such a huge move across the world, to be in a place where you are totally alone, not know the systems or contacts etc and then have the added stresses of financial difficulties, it's hardly surprising that many pack up and come back home. Especially when you have moved thinking they are desperate for your skill

Just be careful how long you do stay though without work - we persevered for 12 months in the hope that things might change but ended up coming back completely broke

We too were going to stay for citizenship but in the end we couldn't afford another year there either financially or emotionally.
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LouiseD
We were the same. My job was ok but hubby's was just awful - low paid, hardly ever able to work a full week. It was just so worrying never knowing if we were going to be able to pay the rent each month and seeing the equity from our house go so fast. I think those who are happy in Oz and have regular decently paid employment just can't possibly understand the traumas of work instability.

After such a huge move across the world, to be in a place where you are totally alone, not know the systems or contacts etc and then have the added stresses of financial difficulties, it's hardly surprising that many pack up and come back home. Especially when you have moved thinking they are desperate for your skill

Just be careful how long you do stay though without work - we persevered for 12 months in the hope that things might change but ended up coming back completely broke

We too were going to stay for citizenship but in the end we couldn't afford another year there either financially or emotionally.
That's just what is happening to us Louise. Everything i dreamed it was, just isn't happening. The money they constantley want for this and that regarding the Licences is just aload of bo**oks. It's all a money making scheme. Even the rabies jabs that dogs and cats need to bring them back is a profit scheme. There is no rabies in OZ, so why they need jabs is a joke. We too will be broke when we come back, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.