Gloucestershire

Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:31 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gloucestershire

Anybody know anything about Gloucestershire? I think that's where we're heading back to. It was going to be back to where I left but something tells me to go for a completely new start in a nice area with new people.
I do love the Cotswolds so I'm excited to think we could be heading back to the UK as soon as March. I'm now on a mission to find out as much as possible about the area.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:49 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gloucestershire

Originally Posted by cricket1
Anybody know anything about Gloucestershire? I think that's where we're heading back to. It was going to be back to where I left but something tells me to go for a completely new start in a nice area with new people.
I do love the Cotswolds so I'm excited to think we could be heading back to the UK as soon as March. I'm now on a mission to find out as much as possible about the area.
Born and bred there so I'm a bit biased, but ask away and I'll try to help as best I can.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 1:36 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Born and bred there so I'm a bit biased, but ask away and I'll try to help as best I can.
Great, thanks Sue. Nothing better than getting a local opinion. I have an exclusive fashion label so I want to open a shop premises. Where would you recommend or where should I avoid?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Great, thanks Sue. Nothing better than getting a local opinion. I have an exclusive fashion label so I want to open a shop premises. Where would you recommend or where should I avoid?
Yep another one born and bred in Gloucestershire it largley depends what kind of market you are aiming at , young and funky , classic and original , or designer .
There are quite a few cotswold villages that would fit the brief for designer wear and the Promenade in Cheltenham is quite a good location with Montpellier being the area for the more discerning
PM me for areas to avoid All the best in your new venture by the way
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:58 am
Banned

Just sent you a PM. I have a business designing and making fashion for petite to plus sizes in day, evening and holiday fashion wear. We also design and make soft furnishings and home accessories.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Just sent you a PM. I have a business designing and making fashion for petite to plus sizes in day, evening and holiday fashion wear. We also design and make soft furnishings and home accessories.
Hi Cricket

Got your PM, When are you planning to return to the Uk ?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mother in Law lives near Chipping Norton in the Costwolds. Have been to Cheltenham loads of times and it is a lovely place to be.

Your business would do well there.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 9:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Eastbound
Hi Cricket

Got your PM, When are you planning to return to the Uk ?
Around March/April hopefully. As soon as we can sell the house and tie up all loose ends here.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by deborahjane
My Mother in Law lives near Chipping Norton in the Costwolds. Have been to Cheltenham loads of times and it is a lovely place to be.

Your business would do well there.
Thanks, I love the area and yes, it seems perfect for the kind of business I'm in. Wonder if I'll get anyone to sew to couture standard? It's been the near downfall of my business here in Australia.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:32 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I concur, Cheltenham is a good place. I also like Cirencester too.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:57 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Cirencester too. The Cotswolds were on a list of places to move back to but we ended up choosing Exeter, Devon instead. Both great areas though and hard to make a choice.

We leave Perth in 2 weeks for our move back to the UK and will be visiting my OH'S Mum soon after we arrive. So many lovely places around Chipping Norton where she lives to visit.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:56 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

We too were born and bred in Cheltenham. Lived for 2 years in Cirencester. Both places very nice. Your business should do well in either place. All parts of the Cotswolds are beautiful. We are currently near Bournemouth for winter months and chose down here because it's warmer than Glos.
Having said that either place is warmer than Ontario right now!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=deborahjane;7090280]I like Cirencester too. The Cotswolds were on a list of places to move back to but we ended up choosing Exeter, Devon instead. Both great areas though and hard to make a choice.

We leave Perth in 2 weeks for our move back to the UK and will be visiting my OH'S Mum soon after we arrive. So many lovely places around Chipping Norton where she lives to visit.

Very best wishes on your return to the UK , I felt quite homesick when I read your post , that and the email ive just received with photos attached of my niece doing the christmas reading in their village church
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:52 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pamela 1
We too were born and bred in Cheltenham. Lived for 2 years in Cirencester. Both places very nice. Your business should do well in either place. All parts of the Cotswolds are beautiful. We are currently near Bournemouth for winter months and chose down here because it's warmer than Glos.
Having said that either place is warmer than Ontario right now!
Hijacking the thread a bit, but what are your feelings about Canada and England after being there for a bit, Pamela.

I wish we'd decided to winter in the UK as our try out! Normally the weather here is much the same as there, but I'm looking out at about a foot of snow!

I'd put a pic up, but it seems to only want to link to a URL. Is there no way of downloading a pic from our computer?

Bev
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:07 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I concur, Cheltenham is a good place. I also like Cirencester too.
I always found Cheltenham to be 'fur coat no knickers' as my father used to say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.