Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Global Entry UK Background Check

Global Entry UK Background Check

Old Dec 9th 2019, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Entry UK Background Check

Originally Posted by dwl715
Just to clarify, UK citizens with GE do get TSA Pre. It's all good!
That's what I took from the website.

I'm still waiting for the UK background check, which should hopefully be done in a few days.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 4:03 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got through today to Bowling Green (said he was in the middle of an interview) tried to encourage me to go to JFK. Have an appointment at Bowling Green the 2nd week of Jan 2020, said updates are only at 7:45am sharp! So that’s a 5am start if I don’t go anywhere though EWR before then... needed my US passport number and PASSID number only.

As a side note, I had to login to get my PASSID number. I find it strange that the site allows you to update your “Country of birth” and “City of birth”. Unless I am missing something, while your name may change, they should not really change country and city of birth, unless it’s to account for invasions or reunification’s of countries, but that could be taken care of at the country not individual level. I know that my old documents like my UK Registration certificate reference the “Federal Republic of Germany” to distinguish it from the east at the time. But that seems like a corner case, not one a end user should update.

Last edited by tht; Dec 9th 2019 at 4:19 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
At an airport with a interview facility your are right, at bowling green in lower Manhattan you are wrong. They won’t let you in without by the reports I have seen. Not really worth the $150 ride each way for me to hit EWR or JFK.
Ah, I see.

I have to say, I work approximately a 3 minute walk away from Bowling Green and it never crossed my mind to go there. Waaaaaaaay too hard. Even if I hadn't been flying through JFK, I still would have made the trip (subway + Airtrain), which is what I did when I first applied. A cab ride like that is well out of my league!
Old Dec 16th 2019, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

So the access code actually arrived in my spam folder less than 6 hours after submitting my application - I just didn't think to check until now, as I assumed the Home Office couldn't possibly be that efficient!
Old Dec 18th 2019, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not sure why the moderators moved this thread - i'm not sure how it would be of more relevance to anyone moving back to the UK than it would be to anyone living in (or interested in living in) the USA.

Global Entry is a CBP-specific program, and the UK background check has no real relevance to living in the UK other than applying for it on the UK Government website
Old Dec 20th 2019, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Winston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston_the_Great_Dane
A word of caution regarding Global Entry. I am a LPR since Dec 2018. I applied for GE on 24 June 2019 - still pending review. There is no way to talk to CBP about the application; portal is useless, phone permanently engaged.

Knowing this now I would have simply done TSA pre-check and taken the hit on waiting in line at immigration.

Very frustrated with the glacial pace of the application
And finally, after 180 days of processing my application has been conditionally approved. No interview appointments available at all near me, so I now have to wait until I re-enter the country and go for the ad-hoc interview.

GE is a nice idea, executed horribly.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 4:41 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone looking in the future, I went to the bowling green Manhattan NYC GE application center to update my citizenship to USC. Appointments can be way out, mine was about 1 month out. I showed up at 7:40 AM (7:45 AM is the only time they offer). Went through security, sat and waited, they called out names and took passports and GE cards. Most people were there for name changes. About 10 minutes later the same employee came back and handed them back to everyone. I checked on the website and I see 2 updates, both referenced the US passport, 1 was for the new Citizenship and the 2nd was for the new passport. Now I will have to see if Pre is back on my next boarding pass.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 2:04 pm
tht

I took my first flight since updating this and when I checked in Pre was back on my boarding pass.

Upon my return I went to the GE kiosk at EWR. Put on my US passport on the reader. All I was asked for was to take a picture. When I used my Green Card before I was asked for fingerprints and to answer customs questions on the screen. Is this a general change or is it because I am now a USC?
Old Oct 19th 2020, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Just by way of an update I finally got the Conditional Approval email through this morning, pretty much bang on 10 months after submitting the application