Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Getting US candy in the UK.

Wikiposts

Getting US candy in the UK.

Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:46 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting US candy in the UK.

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
Wish me luck!
Nothing wrong with match.com I didn't meet my ex hubby on there, but my now OH that I live with, we met on the US site.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Nothing wrong with match.com I didn't meet my ex hubby on there, but my now OH that I live with, we met on the US site.
My co-worker met her fiance on match.com too.

I will say that Europe beats the US hands down when it comes to chocolate. But I like gummy candy best of all, and prefer ours for that.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
I will say that Europe beats the US hands down when it comes to chocolate. But I like gummy candy best of all, and prefer ours for that.
Germany makes the best gummy... Haribo cola bottles yum!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Naaah, I love the candy over in the US!

I remember when I was at Epcot there was the UK themed bit. A load of other brits were going mad for Cadbury's Milk Chocolate in a shop where you can by 'British stuff'! And the price must have been triple of what it costs over here.

I can understand, don't get me wrong, but the sight of them drooling over it had me in stitches!
Wait until you have actually lived in the US and have been deprived of some of that stuff for a while it won't seem quite so funny I promise
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:04 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Yeh, I had to do a double take on the title when I saw it! My children were all born here and all lust after English candy rather than American.
Same here! My 4 year old keeps asking Grandma to send over Maltesers for him.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Jakester is an unknown quantity at this point

This might have been mentioned in the thread , forgive me if it has , im too bleary eyed to read everything but its worth mentioning that Cadburys here recalled and cleared the shelves of thier candy bars because the dried milk came from china.
Sure enough all the shelfs were cleared in stores around here of Cadburys.

Next time i seen Caburys on a shelf it was a reduced price of 88c to promote it and on checking where its made , its made right here in Pa by Hersheys.

American candy by and large is cack tho , i agree with the reeces fan , they are different and very good.Some of the hard candy is really good if you can find a place that makes it.Nice flavours.

The crisps...utter crap , boring and dull.Youd think out of an entire aisle of crisps there would be one good one..cheetos i suppose is alright but we had those in the UK
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Germany makes the best gummy... Haribo cola bottles yum!
Ah, but when I was homesick living in Luxembourg it just didn't do it for me. I also remember candy shaped like strawberries, probably also by Haribo.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jakester
This might have been mentioned in the thread , forgive me if it has , im too bleary eyed to read everything but its worth mentioning that Cadburys here recalled and cleared the shelves of thier candy bars because the dried milk came from china.
Sure enough all the shelfs were cleared in stores around here of Cadburys.

Next time i seen Caburys on a shelf it was a reduced price of 88c to promote it and on checking where its made , its made right here in Pa by Hersheys.

American candy by and large is cack tho , i agree with the reeces fan , they are different and very good.Some of the hard candy is really good if you can find a place that makes it.Nice flavours.

The crisps...utter crap , boring and dull.Youd think out of an entire aisle of crisps there would be one good one..cheetos i suppose is alright but we had those in the UK
You know Cadbury's is still on the shelf here. I was at Cost Plus World Market yesterday and they have a sign out that the chocolate sold at our store did not have any Chinese ingredients.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet! Glad you found happiness on there. I'm not one who is comfy with meeting someone for the first time face-to-face! Nerves will get the better of me!

I wish I did though. I know a fair few who have done the same and ended up with a lovely marriage and kids. Maybe I'll learn one day...
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Wait until you have actually lived in the US and have been deprived of some of that stuff for a while it won't seem quite so funny I promise
Good point! Just in case, are there any shops in the US that sell UK sweets?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm....well this probably belongs in the guilty pleasures thread...but I rather like those Paydays...and the Swedish Goldfish....
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:57 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet! Glad you found happiness on there. I'm not one who is comfy with meeting someone for the first time face-to-face! Nerves will get the better of me!

I wish I did though. I know a fair few who have done the same and ended up with a lovely marriage and kids. Maybe I'll learn one day...
I have a friend that met her hubby on there and he is a diplomat lol in the UK.

Give it a try there's all sorts on there good luck

Last edited by Poppy girl; Oct 25th 2008 at 3:01 am.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I have a friend that met her hubby on there and he is a diplomat lol in the UK.

Give it a try there's all sorts on there good luck
Cheers, Poppy Girl.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
Hmmm....well this probably belongs in the guilty pleasures thread...but I rather like those Paydays...and the Swedish Goldfish....
There are just sooo many sweet out there in the big wide world for me to try.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Be nice or I won't buy ya a "double decker"
Double decker please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.