Getting Organised...

Old Apr 18th 2018, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Scot_74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting Organised...

I am slowly getting organised for my move home. I have opened a HSBC bank account. Am in the process of re-homing my cats. We can't take them with us due to hubby being allergic to them, we have been avoiding getting rid of them for a while but his skin is so bad now.

I have a trip booked Easter next year. I really just wanted to make that the big move. I don't see the point of spending all that money for us to go home for two weeks and see if the kids like it then come back to OZ and save up again... Two weeks really isn't going to give a good indication I think. I know that I will love it and so too will my partner. It will all come down to the kids. So we are thinking a trip back in April for a holiday then head off again after our taxes are done in July.

So for now... there is very little I can do aside from daydream about it like I have been doing for the past 30 years and save up as much $$ as I can.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Organised...

Scot_74 - when you say “It will all come down to the kids” are you saying that if the kids don’t like it then you won’t move back? Are you prepared for that possibility? I know how desperate you are to return so I guess I wonder if your kids are going to feel like they have to like it. I hope this doesn’t come across as negative. Not sure what ages your children are. If I had suggested that we return to Scotland when we had 3 teenagers I think there would have been a rebellion in our household. However, I also think that your emotional well-being needs to be taken into consideration and you obviously have an ache and need to return that just doesn’t go away. Best wishes to you and your family.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Scot_74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting Organised...

Originally Posted by Caroline in Arizona
Scot_74 - when you say “It will all come down to the kids” are you saying that if the kids don’t like it then you won’t move back? Are you prepared for that possibility? I know how desperate you are to return so I guess I wonder if your kids are going to feel like they have to like it. I hope this doesn’t come across as negative. Not sure what ages your children are. If I had suggested that we return to Scotland when we had 3 teenagers I think there would have been a rebellion in our household. However, I also think that your emotional well-being needs to be taken into consideration and you obviously have an ache and need to return that just doesn’t go away. Best wishes to you and your family.
Hi Caroline, My children actually want to go today, or yesterday in fact! They are so excited about the trip. I was once in their shoes though... Except i fought hard to not be taken away from scotland. My children on the other hand are desperate to leave Australia and go live back home. They know it will open up the whole of Europe to us. I do have a little voice in my head that worries that they may not like it after some time as, Australia is their country. Time will tell though... But for now they want to leave as soon as possible.