Reload this Page >

Getting my Uk driving licence back

Getting my Uk driving licence back

Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:06 am
Frequent Lurker...

thelikelylad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting my Uk driving licence back

Hi folks,

I'm starting to make arrangements now for moving back to Scotland and I'm struggling to find a clear answer to this. I held a UK driving licence and passed my test in the UK, I surrendered it for an Ontario licence which I still hold. How do I go about changing it back?

Looking on the DVLA site they seem to indicate I need to fill in a D1 form which is basically licence renewal. Has anyone been through this process who can direct me?

TIA
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my Uk driving licence back

Fill in Form D1 and tick you wish to exchange your Canadian licence. There’s a field where you can enter your GB driving licence number. Providing you complete this you’ll get your new GB licence with all your correct entitlements. If you don’t know your GB driving licence number then you can call the DVLA and they should be able to give it to you. It will also be free of charge.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:44 am
Frequent Lurker...

Ah perfect. Thanks, was wondering how that worked. Can't remember my GB licence number so will need to call them unfortunately...
Old Jul 16th 2021, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you had previous points on your UK licence and swapped it for another countries and then have another UK licence are the points carried over
Old Jul 16th 2021, 11:46 pm
Frequent Lurker...

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If you had previous points on your UK licence and swapped it for another countries and then have another UK licence are the points carried over
this seems like a loophole 😂