Reload this Page >

Getting my daughter her british passport

Getting my daughter her british passport

Old Mar 20th 2013, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

reilly87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Getting my daughter her british passport

Hi,

I am a british citizen and have been living in canada for around 13 years.

I am returning home next month and have a few questions regarding getting my daughter a british passport.

Her father is NOT on the canadian birth certificate and there is no information that will be given around him.

I want to know what issues or if there will be any getting her a british passport. As I noted I am british with duel nationality and our entire family is british also.

If this is the wrong thread I am sorry im new to this site

thank you,

Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:24 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my daughter her british passport

Originally Posted by reilly87
Hi,

I am returning home next month and have a few questions regarding getting my daughter a british passport.

Her father is NOT on the canadian birth certificate and there is no information that will be given around him.

I want to know what issues or if there will be any getting her a british passport. As I noted I am british with duel nationality and our entire family is british also.

thank you,

You are the mother?

Were you born in the UK?

How old is your daughter?

"If you were born outside the United Kingdom* or a
qualifying territory• you may have a claim to British
citizenship and/or British Overseas Territories
citizenship if you had a parent or parents born,
adopted, registered or naturalised in the United
Kingdom* or a qualifying territory
`. Before 1 January
1983 British nationality could only be transmitted
through the legitimate male line. Since 1 January
1983 females have been able to transmit British
nationality but males may still only do so,
automatically, to their legitimate children.
If you
were born illegitimate or through a surrogacy
arrangement on or after 1 July 2006 to a British
Citizen father, you may be eligible for British
passport facilities. "
http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...m-c1-notes.pdf

Go to the website, follow the instructions...
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...applying/adult

Its going to take longer than next month to get her passport back I suspect.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada...destination Scotland...sooner rather than later!
abaker65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

thank you,

Hi reilly87
I have sent you a private message...but one more thing...if you are looking to go next month, you may have some problems with the delay of the passport office. I had to get emergency travel documents a couple of years ago for my daughter, because the office in Washington was backlogged 11 weeks. Other than that...you shouldn't have a problem.
Annemarie
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abaker65
Hi reilly87
I have sent you a private message...but one more thing...if you are looking to go next month, you may have some problems with the delay of the passport office. I had to get emergency travel documents a couple of years ago for my daughter, because the office in Washington was backlogged 11 weeks. Other than that...you shouldn't have a problem.
Annemarie
She wont be able to receive PMs until her post count reached three... although the fact we are discussing this and it shows as zero makes me think something screwy is goingon with the database...
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada...destination Scotland...sooner rather than later!

Originally Posted by iaink
She wont be able to receive PMs until her post count reached three... although the fact we are discussing this and it shows as zero makes me think something screwy is goingon with the database...
Oops ...forgot about that...and thank you Iaink
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

thank you,

Ok...let me try this again...you won't get the private message at this point so I will just say here...
I have been in Canada, Ont. for 20 years...I am British. My daughter...now 15 was born here in Canada and I applied for a British Passport when she was 3...no problems whatsoever. As long as there is no father's info on the birth certificate, there will be no problem. I again applied for renewal 2 years ago with no problems, other than the fact that I had to get emergency travel document for her due to the backlog in Washington. My situation was as yours is...there was no information of the father on the birth certificate. If there was, then you would need a letter from the father to acknowledge and be ok with you taking your daughter out of the country. We are planning to move back for good this year, if all works according to plan. Good luck to you!
Annemarie
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi Everyone ,

Thank you so much for your messages!

Yes I hold british citizenship she will be traveling on her canadian passport then we will be applying while in Scotland.

I was going to apply while we were here but I think we all know how fun it is when you forget to fill in one line and everything is sent back lol
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Yes I am her mother and she is 2
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Anniemarie how are you feeling about moving back?

Ive been in canada about 13 years with just my mum and step dad spent my teen years here traveled loved it and canadian culture but now that I have my little one I feel drawn back to my family

I originally booked a 2 week vaca last year and ended up staying for 8 haha pretty clear indication its time to go.

I never thought id say this but i fell back in love with the motherland I am a little bit of a hippy so excuse this but I felt connected to the land once again
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:06 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Yes I am her mother and she is 2
Your British as in born in Britain?

No problem then.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Anniemarie how are you feeling about moving back?

Ive been in canada about 13 years with just my mum and step dad spent my teen years here traveled loved it and canadian culture but now that I have my little one I feel drawn back to my family

I originally booked a 2 week vaca last year and ended up staying for 8 haha pretty clear indication its time to go.

I never thought id say this but i fell back in love with the motherland I am a little bit of a hippy so excuse this but I felt connected to the land once again
Hi again,
I am excited and nervous...I am waiting for my passport renewal as we speak. I am also hoping to find a teaching job of sorts before I go...here's hoping. Since my ex and I split a couple of years ago...Scotland has been calling my name daily. My daughter is excited and can't wait (She loves the rain)...even although it rained for 25 days straight when we were home a couple of years ago. My mum is getting older, and I have no other family members here. Christmas past was the deciding factor...it was weird...lonely...not like it should have been. I am also sick to death of the snow...pretty...but driving in it is sooo crazy!!! I really over it now! Canada has been great...after all it has been over 20 years now for me, but it's time to go home.
Stay in touch...and let us know how things are going for you.
Take care
Annemarie
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 12:11 am
Just Joined

si2104 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there i am also getting a brittish pasport for my ecuadorian son, i sent off formsin may the payment came out my bank may 7th now is 22nd of july heard nothing is there a delay as was meant to be going back to uk this month clearly not happening now, any information would e great!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 12:08 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

it'll take 6 weeks at least this time of year to get your daughters first passport regardless of anything else.