Getting degrees evaluated

Old May 10th 2015, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting degrees evaluated

Not sure I used the right term but as I am moving back to UK I wanted to start process of getting my degrees evaluated or whatever phrase you use. Does anyone know which organization does this? Thanks..
Old May 10th 2015, 9:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting degrees evaluated

That'll be NARIC.
Old May 11th 2015, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BritInParis!
Old May 11th 2015, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Can anyone tell me which one I need? There is a Statement of Comparability and Career Path? One is half the price of the other. Just want to get degrees evaluated so when apply for jobs in UK - I know where I stand.. Thank you.
Old May 11th 2015, 12:48 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Can anyone tell me which one I need? There is a Statement of Comparability and Career Path? One is half the price of the other. Just want to get degrees evaluated so when apply for jobs in UK - I know where I stand.. Thank you.
A Statement of Comparability should suffice.
Old May 11th 2015, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Brill and thanks once again!
Old May 12th 2015, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Already submitted all info and will take about 3-4 weeks. Cost was 46 quid for 2 degrees and license to be evaluated. Let's get this show on the road! Thanks once again..
Old May 12th 2015, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by fulwood
Already submitted all info and will take about 3-4 weeks. Cost was 46 quid for 2 degrees and license to be evaluated. Let's get this show on the road! Thanks once again..
No worries
Old Jun 1st 2015, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well got my results back and both US degrees are comparable to British Bachelor degree standard. Reviewing NARIC explanation it's between and Ordinary and Honours degree and could allow for post-graduate study in UK. But not sure it is enough job wise?
Old Jun 1st 2015, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is from NARIC website.. Bachelor degree

This is essentially a degree that demonstrates elements of both an Ordinary and Honours degree, but will not necessarily be directly comparable to one of these degree types. At institutional discretion, and on individual inspection of the research component of your degree, holders of a qualification deemed comparable to British Bachelor degree standard could be considered suitable for postgraduate study in the UK.

So me thinks not too bad and hopefully can get a job when I move back.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance you could write to a couple of organisations where you might like to work while you are still here, documenting your degrees and your experience? I moved to the US from the UK to complete university and I found that it was beneficial to include a detailed outline of each and every course I was requesting credit for, rather than just the title. If you give a detailed description of your degree, including the short synopsis usually found in college catalogues for each class you took, you may find that you are just the person they have been looking for. Good luck