Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Frustration and some excitement

Frustration and some excitement

Old Aug 22nd 2014, 3:11 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustration and some excitement

I absolutely agree with what SOS said. Your UK friends will always think "anywhere is better than here", I can't tell you the number of times people would say to my Canadian husband and I, "What you doing here then?"
So over we came to find everything more expensive, (except petrol and tv's). And don't worry about what your canadian friends say, North Americans are generally quite insular and have difficult perceiving of anything beyond their own borders. Hold out against the last minute nerves and think of all the reasons why you made the decision in the first place.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tratcliffe71
I am 43 and finally following my heart and dream

Despite the negatives, despite the family's reactions... as bad and as much as they've knocked the breath out of us, this is OUR dream together. YOU know that the UK is where you want us to be - and we will be. All these obstacles, negatives, challenges, and frustrations will make the reality of life back HOME all the sweeter.

No matter the road, I'm with you.

Old Aug 22nd 2014, 5:19 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling the love here