Reload this Page >

Form for bringing Dog into UK from USA

Form for bringing Dog into UK from USA

Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road
Default Form for bringing Dog into UK from USA

Hi

I have read the defra site, and we have our dog's rabies level results back but I just can't find the form I need to have the vet fill in. I am reffering to the form 'Veterinary certificate for domestic dogs, cats and ferrets entering the European Community for non-commercial movements (Regulation (EC) No 998/2003' Does anyone have a link to it so I can download it?

Thanks

Paul
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:16 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form for bringing Dog into UK from USA

Originally Posted by immunise
Hi

I have read the defra site, and we have our dog's rabies level results back but I just can't find the form I need to have the vet fill in. I am reffering to the form 'Veterinary certificate for domestic dogs, cats and ferrets entering the European Community for non-commercial movements (Regulation (EC) No 998/2003' Does anyone have a link to it so I can download it?

Thanks

Paul
I think this may be what you are looking for: http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/...en00130019.pdf - scroll down to pages 5 & 6. The only glitch is I think I read that this was supposed to be a one-page form, but it's obviously two pages....

I see what you mean - working your way through the DEFRA site looking for forms (rather than instructions telling you about the forms, with no bloody link to the forms themselves) is like a maze. I can't even tell you how I eventually found this!

Good luck - I'll be going through the same process myself before too long. Please post any learning experiences, for the rest of us!

(later edit: Here's the DEFRA page with the link: http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...info/certi.htm - look for the link in part (b) - "official third country veterinary certificate")

Last edited by dunroving; Aug 29th 2005 at 12:28 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dunroving
I think this may be what you are looking for: http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/...en00130019.pdf - scroll down to pages 5 & 6. The only glitch is I think I read that this was supposed to be a one-page form, but it's obviously two pages....

I see what you mean - working your way through the DEFRA site looking for forms (rather than instructions telling you about the forms, with no bloody link to the forms themselves) is like a maze. I can't even tell you how I eventually found this!

Good luck - I'll be going through the same process myself before too long. Please post any learning experiences, for the rest of us!
Thanks for the link, the Defra site is awful! I too worried about the form being one page when it's two. My solution is to get LONG paper and print it on that and also print the two page version...my vet is great and is willing to fill out both!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:59 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, the Defra site is awful! I too worried about the form being one page when it's two. My solution is to get LONG paper and print it on that and also print the two page version...my vet is great and is willing to fill out both!
Help
Does it need to be 1 page not 2?
Im doing this right now
Rob
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Help
Does it need to be 1 page not 2?
Im doing this right now
Rob
Well, on the DEFRA page I linked to, it says:

"For entry into the UK this certificate can be issued by any vet in a non-EU listed country. It is headed ‘Veterinary certificate for domestic dogs, cats and ferrets entering the European Community for non-commercial movements (Regulation (EC) No 998/2003)’. The certificate must be a single sheet in English and may also contain a translation in another language. It must be completed in block letters in the language of the EU country of entry or in English."

- like I said, it's a bloody maze! Don't know what to tell you as it's so contradictory (right after they give you a link to a 2-page certificate, they tell you it should be a single sheet).

Hopefully someone who's been through it will come on and help us out.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dunroving
Well, on the DEFRA page I linked to, it says:

"For entry into the UK this certificate can be issued by any vet in a non-EU listed country. It is headed ‘Veterinary certificate for domestic dogs, cats and ferrets entering the European Community for non-commercial movements (Regulation (EC) No 998/2003)’. The certificate must be a single sheet in English and may also contain a translation in another language. It must be completed in block letters in the language of the EU country of entry or in English."

- like I said, it's a bloody maze! Don't know what to tell you as it's so contradictory (right after they give you a link to a 2-page certificate, they tell you it should be a single sheet).

Hopefully someone who's been through it will come on and help us out.
Here's anothe rlink http://europa.eu.int/comm/food/anima...m_third_en.htm

It's in word and PDF, of course you can scale down a pdf when printing...or print double sided or get a piece of paper twice as long as A4...I'm off out to the paper shop so will keep you posted...
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Here's clarification straight from Defra...

Good Morning

To obtain a copy of the 'Veterinary certificate for domestic dogs, cats and ferrets entering the European Community for non-commercial movements (Regulation (EC) No 998/2003' you can either obtain it from the United States Department for Agriculture (USDA) on telephone number 301 734 8364 or via their website at http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usdahome or download a copy from our website at http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/...en00130019.pdf

If you chose to download a copy of the certificate it can be printed on both sides of the A4 paper.

The veterinary certificate can either be completed by a non-approved government vet and then endorsed by the USDA in which case it will be the USDA that will issue the serial number, or if the form is be completed by a government approved vet, then they will issue the serial number for you.

Regards
Kathryn Wood
PETS Helpline

Paul
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Rowena Jaye is an unknown quantity at this point

This is good news, one less thing to worry about.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rowena Jaye
This is good news, one less thing to worry about.
Indeed! Make sure you have an approved kennel/cage...we bought this one http://www.petmate.com/Catalog.plx?ID=1546&SizeID=1 and our boy is actually using it as his bed now! You also need water and food available...we are abouutto start training our dog how to use the water bottle so when in flight he doesn't dehydrate.

keep us updated on your progress or with any tips you have.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Indeed! Make sure you have an approved kennel/cage...we bought this one http://www.petmate.com/Catalog.plx?ID=1546&SizeID=1 and our boy is actually using it as his bed now! You also need water and food available...we are abouutto start training our dog how to use the water bottle so when in flight he doesn't dehydrate.

keep us updated on your progress or with any tips you have.
I most certainly will give feedback.

Are you doing the shipping yourself then?

I'm not sure yet whether to do it myself or let a shipper help me out.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:23 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rowena Jaye
I most certainly will give feedback.

Are you doing the shipping yourself then?

I'm not sure yet whether to do it myself or let a shipper help me out.
Were doing the shipping ourselves cos of cost. Orlando to Gatwick on Virgin is $1500 for each dog (Golden Retrievers) vs $4000 from a pet shipping company!!!
Just read and re read all the paperwork. Virgin are very helpful and will E Mail you all you need
Rob
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I think the crate has to have holes on all 4 sides. Many of the airline approved cages I've seen do not have holes at the back. Check with your airline. You may have to drill some holes.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:03 am
Just Joined

We will be going from Denver > London Heathrow on British Airways.

Also, I know Den. airport will not allow pets to fly between June and September because of heat.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Were doing the shipping ourselves cos of cost. Orlando to Gatwick on Virgin is $1500 for each dog (Golden Retrievers) vs $4000 from a pet shipping company!!!
Just read and re read all the paperwork. Virgin are very helpful and will E Mail you all you need
Rob
We are shipping ouurselves too, because of cost. BA say your dog has to go as unaccomppaniied cargo....is this the same with Virgin?

paul
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:23 am
Ivegotta Member

We are shipping ouurselves too, because of cost. BA say your dog has to go as unaccomppaniied cargo....is this the same with Virgin?

paul
Don't remember, but I think thats right. We have to drop them off at Air Cargo 4 hours before the flight if I remember right

Good luck

Rob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.