Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Flying to UK from Philippines which is on the RED list.

Flying to UK from Philippines which is on the RED list.

Old Apr 9th 2021, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Star_ Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flying to UK from Philippines which is on the RED list.

Hi,
I do not want to spend 10 days quarantine in a hotel and have to pay as well.

I have my own house in England where I can self- quarantine for 2 weeks.

Is it possible to fly from Manila to a green listed country and stay there for a month, then fly into Heathrow ?

Any thoughts please πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Old Apr 9th 2021, 9:42 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying to UK from Philippines which is on the RED list.

Yes, it’s possible, and you only need to spend ten days there before flying to the UK.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying to UK from Philippines which is on the RED list.

Depending when you travel, you may be able to avoid quarantine if you stop over in a green list country for 10 days. The govt. keeps delaying publishing the new rules, but it's likely (but not definite) they will apply from 17 May, and the green / amber / red list countries will be announced in early May. If coming from a green list country from 17 May, in addition to not having to quarantine, (probably) only 1 covid test is required after arrival, not 2.

Offsetting the cost of the UK hotel quarantine (Β£1,750) are the costs of the covid tests in the UK, the 10 day stopover, and any incremental air ticket expense.

Costs aside, if forced to quarantine, it will be much nicer at home than in a hotel.