Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Flying a cat to Dublin and then taking the ferry to Holyhead, Wales.

Flying a cat to Dublin and then taking the ferry to Holyhead, Wales.

Old May 23rd 2020, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

britinusa777777755 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Flying a cat to Dublin and then taking the ferry to Holyhead, Wales.

Hi,

I'd like to fly my very old cat to the UK however it's going to be an ordeal for her in the Cargo hold. I've looked into an alternative option.
  1. Fill in the Veterinary certificate to the EU paperwork
  2. Give advance notice to Dublin airport and Ferry company of the cat
  3. Fly to Dublin with the cat at my feet in the cabin
  4. Take a ferry to Holyhead utilizing the same EU paperwork
  5. Cat arrives in the UK

Just wondering if anyone has done this before and has any experience?
Old May 25th 2020, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying a cat to Dublin and then taking the ferry to Holyhead, Wales.

Where are you flying from? Surely adding in ferries, to-ing and fro-ing from airports, extra flights etc would be more taxing than straight flights? We have an old cat also and although I know all cats are different, ours was fine and she's a very very poor traveller even in a car. Apparently the 'humm' of the airplane once you're up and away is quite soothing. They are checked and cared for on arrival in transfers and well fed and watered.