Flights booked :-)

Old May 9th 2014, 8:23 am
Banned

r0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud of
Default Flights booked :-)

Booked our flights today for August 6th thanks to a post from ncoomer alerting us all to a great one-way deal with Icelandair. I filled in all the information and then had serious panic attacks for about 10 minutes when I kept walking away from and coming back to my computer but couldn't quite hit the "Book Now" button. So many thoughts were going through my head, "what if I'm not ready" "what if I'm making the wrong decision" "what if I can't get rid of this houseful of stuff" Eventually I plucked up the courage to do it and have been floating on cloud nine all day-12 weeks to go and counting the days :-)
Old May 9th 2014, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights booked :-)

Congratulations!! You will find that now you actually have a date you will be more motivated to get everything sorted in the house. And prepare for many more moments of doubt, I'm one week out and still having them. But keep in mind the reason you are going back and focus on the positive things that will come from the move. Best of luck!
Old May 9th 2014, 9:36 am
Banned

r0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
Congratulations!! You will find that now you actually have a date you will be more motivated to get everything sorted in the house. And prepare for many more moments of doubt, I'm one week out and still having them. But keep in mind the reason you are going back and focus on the positive things that will come from the move. Best of luck!
Oh my gosh-one week for you, I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Thanks for your response its so lovely to hear from people who have been/are going through the same things. I hope you will continue to post once you are home.
Old May 9th 2014, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, good for you!
Old May 9th 2014, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Its finally starting to feel real now. I booked my tickets at 12 weeks out so it seems to have taken for ever to get here yet at the same time is seems quick. I will continue to post and hopefully my experiences may be helpful to others.
Old May 9th 2014, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
Its finally starting to feel real now. I booked my tickets at 12 weeks out so it seems to have taken for ever to get here yet at the same time is seems quick. I will continue to post and hopefully my experiences may be helpful to others.
Thanks! It will definitely be helpful to me. Congrats on purchasing ticket
Old May 9th 2014, 11:27 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old May 9th 2014, 9:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Shaky part over and nerve wracking parts to come.
Now start clearing stuff out, it will take longer than you think.
Old May 10th 2014, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r0briley
Booked our flights today for August 6th thanks to a post from ncoomer alerting us all to a great one-way deal with Icelandair. I filled in all the information and then had serious panic attacks for about 10 minutes when I kept walking away from and coming back to my computer but couldn't quite hit the "Book Now" button. So many thoughts were going through my head, "what if I'm not ready" "what if I'm making the wrong decision" "what if I can't get rid of this houseful of stuff" Eventually I plucked up the courage to do it and have been floating on cloud nine all day-12 weeks to go and counting the days :-)
Clicking that button was such an important move!! I think when you clicked that button, you knew FINALLY it was going to happen.

As soon as my passport comes back (two-to three months ) I will be doing the same thing! When it finally arrives, all I have to do is book tickets for the pets and me and pack my suitcase - and take the pets to the vet for their last visit to get their health certificates. Everything else will have already been done!
Old May 10th 2014, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

r0briley,

Congrats! So exciting and so nerve wracking!!! The countdown begins!

lgabriel73 - OMG you are almost there! I'm really looking forward to hearing how it goes, fingers crossed for you that everything will be as smooth as possible!
Old May 10th 2014, 4:45 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

good news. All the best
Old May 11th 2014, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

good news.. looking forward to updates. This might be me AGAIN!
Old May 11th 2014, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Wishing both of you well on your travels back to Blighty robrliey and igabriel.

We are just about ready to get our VA house on the market. Meeting with a couple of agents today and tomorrow. We spent the weekend packing and throwing away. It is very liberating trashing years of 'stuff'. Nine weeks before we fly. Yikes!!!

Cheers
Nigel
Old May 12th 2014, 12:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ncoomber
Wishing both of you well on your travels back to Blighty robrliey and igabriel.

We are just about ready to get our VA house on the market. Meeting with a couple of agents today and tomorrow. We spent the weekend packing and throwing away. It is very liberating trashing years of 'stuff'. Nine weeks before we fly. Yikes!!!

Cheers
Nigel
I hear you Nigel, very liberating indeed-I'm on my 4th dumpster, got up at 5:30 this morning and went on a hunt around the house to find out what else I could trash before heading out to work :-)