Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

First altercation with a neighbor over noise

First altercation with a neighbor over noise

Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First altercation with a neighbor over noise

We are talking about Austin, where a sizeable number of people don't *like* any noise limits because so many adults have day jobs and night bands.
However, I have yet to see a noise complaint escalate into the Hatfields and the McCoys.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We are talking about Austin, where a sizeable number of people don't *like* any noise limits because so many adults have day jobs and night bands.
However, I have yet to see a noise complaint escalate into the Hatfields and the McCoys.
No, you haven't because you don't know what it's like living in the not-so-good parts of the city.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:00 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
No, you haven't because you don't know what it's like living in the not-so-good parts of the city.
Eh, have you known me all my life?

Cos if you had, you'd know the above statement is not true.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you live in Texas?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Eh, have you known me all my life?

Cos if you had, you'd know the above statement is not true.
I think I know you snowbunny. No? where did or do you live then?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:07 am
Lapine Member

I think I know you snowbunny. No? where did or do you live then?
East Austin. 78723, 78744. Good enough?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Do you live in Texas?
I lived in Texas. Come to think of it, I know some girl raped in her car in a Kinko's parking lot near a university campus. At gunpoint. This dude was hiding in the backseat.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

East Austin. 78723, 78744. Good enough?
I haven't lived in Austin. So I don't know. I've been to Austin though.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Texas. Come to think of it, I know some girl raped in her car in a Kinko's parking lot near a university campus. At gunpoint. This dude was hiding in the backseat.

Where in Texas did you live? How many shootings or violent crimes did you actually witness?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:19 am
Lapine Member

Because her stereo was too loud?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news is, if the cops are eventually called in, the neighbor is going to know who called them. This may or may not be a problem depending on the guy's attitude.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Where in Texas did you live? How many shootings or violent crimes did you actually witness?
Can't disclose it for privacy reasons. O another one, I read about this lady who had fired her shotgun and killed her drunk roommate breaking through the window, when I lived in a Midwestern town, not far from where I lived. It doesn't matter whether I actually witnessed it or not. This kind of crazy sh*t happens all the time. If you don't want to see it, so be it.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Because her stereo was too loud?
No, because she's got a nice butt, I guess.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:31 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Bad news is, if the cops are eventually called in, the neighbor is going to know who called them. This may or may not be a problem depending on the guy's attitude.
That's why I suggested going to the neighbours and/or neighbourhood groups.
On the other hand, if you cannot ask the police to enforce the existing laws for fear of reprisal, you have a bigger problem than sleepless nights.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I suggested going to the neighbours and/or neighbourhood groups.

Safety in numbers.... another approach, if the neighbour is renting, is to talk to their landlord.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.