Feeling Burnt Out

Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:49 am
Merlot

Default Feeling Burnt Out

We are flying back to the UK on 25 March with our pussy cat.

We have literally been planning or doing something relating to the move back since August last year and we are feeling knackered!!!!

We are getting on with our everyday lives - work, going out, etc but as most of the house contents is sold (or getting boxed up), we don't feel like it is home anymore!

I am slowly finding it hard to focus at work, making silly errors as suddenly something pops up in my mind relating to the move that I have to do - "Call the Insurance Company", "Pick up Tickets".

How did other people feel before their move (either way)? How did you cope? Tell me it gets better!

Merlot (Dosed up to the eye balls on Vit B)!

Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

wilko_1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello merlot, im back in the UK now (since last friday) and loving it!!!

All the hard work now will be worth it, im sure.

im currently stayin down in brighton, Im very happy to be be home (brighton isn't my home town by the way), there's just so much atmosphere here.

I didnt appreciate England until I moved to Perth and i can honestly say, I've no plans to ever return to Oz.

Anyway, i'll keep you all updated.

Take care,

wilko
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:44 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by wilko_1984

im currently stayin down in brighton, Im very happy to be be home (brighton isn't my home town by the way), there's just so much atmosphere here.

I didnt appreciate England until I moved to Perth and i can honestly say, I've no plans to ever return to Oz.

Take care,

wilko
Hi Wilko,

Good to hear you got back Ok and that things are working out. I am currently in Pitttsburgh, USA in transit back to the UK in mid Feb. I think it's common for people not to appreciate what the UK does have until they leave. As I've said before ... if you are not happy with your lot, then the solution (make more effort to get out, move to another area etc) is often right under your nose, and not 10-12,000 miles away !!!

Rich.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:48 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Feeling Burnt Out

Originally posted by Merlot
We are flying back to the UK on 25 March with our pussy cat.

We have literally been planning or doing something relating to the move back since August last year and we are feeling knackered!!!!

We are getting on with our everyday lives - work, going out, etc but as most of the house contents is sold (or getting boxed up), we don't feel like it is home anymore!

I am slowly finding it hard to focus at work, making silly errors as suddenly something pops up in my mind relating to the move that I have to do - "Call the Insurance Company", "Pick up Tickets".

How did other people feel before their move (either way)? How did you cope? Tell me it gets better!

Merlot (Dosed up to the eye balls on Vit B)!
Hi Merlot,

This is common - I had the same thing when we left the UK as my wife left it all to me.......

The mind does wander, but trust me, as soon as it starts to come together on the other side (i.e get a car, place to stay etc) it very quickly settles down, and you get on with it...

We were settled within 4 weeks in NZ, until it all went pear shaped (out of her hands), so it doesn't take long. You have a lot of arrangements to make in your new country, but it is a lot less taxing then the country you are leaving, thats for sure !!

all the best, good luck, regards, Rich.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

I simply can't wait. And we'll have to wait over six months! Maybe I'll get used to waiting, but now it's very, very hard. I just want to go home, rent a place and go for a walk in Hampstead Heath, because all of the Rocky Mountains did not replace Hampstead Heath for me...
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Hey Wilko,

whereabouts in B'ton are you? I left B'ton last September & I miss it like mad. It's such a unique place. I used to live in Kemptown.
Say hello to the city for me!!
Enjoy!

Bella

Take care,

wilko
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

wilko_1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

im just up from the level, my girlfriend is a student down here and im stayin with her.

Only the second time i've been here, but i love it!!! Emigrated to Perth with my family only last summer, but i just couldn't stand the place, there was nothing to do and i felt isolated.

There is so much to do here in England. I usually live nr Canterbury in kent and that is a buzzing place compared to Perth! But Brighton is a whole new world all together.

Are you staying in Oz permanantly, Bella? What do you think of it?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:20 pm
Life's next chapter is?

im just up from the level, my girlfriend is a student down here and im stayin with her.

Only the second time i've been here, but i love it!!! Emigrated to Perth with my family only last summer, but i just couldn't stand the place, there was nothing to do and i felt isolated.

There is so much to do here in England. I usually live nr Canterbury in kent and that is a buzzing place compared to Perth! But Brighton is a whole new world all together.

Are you staying in Oz permanantly, Bella? What do you think of it?

Hey Wilko,

You got back then ... good stuff, glad to see that you have settled in quickly. Good luck to you.

regards, Rich.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:19 am
Merlot

Take care,

wilko

Wilko our old mate, great to hear from you, I was about to send you a PM yesterday to see how you were going.

Thanks to all for your thoughts, I am just so tired of having a foggy brain, I am usually so sharp and in control.

I have decided to try to organise a couple of "days out" here in Oz to take my mind off things - trip on the water, nice retaurant meal, etc. Otherwise the nutty house for moi!

Wilko & Rich keep us posted.

Cheers
Merlot

Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:20 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Merlot
Wilko our old mate, great to hear from you, I was about to send you a PM yesterday to see how you were going.

Thanks to all for your thoughts, I am just so tired of having a foggy brain, I am usually so sharp and in control.

I have decided to try to organise a couple of "days out" here in Oz to take my mind off things - trip on the water, nice retaurant meal, etc. Otherwise the nutty house for moi!

Wilko & Rich keep us posted.

Cheers
Merlot
Hey Merlot

Good for you. I am already feeling stressed and I am not going back till August but my brain is bubbling away from all the info I have to take it and find out...arrhhhhhhhh.
I keep looking on the forum to see if anyone else has ideas or costs etc just to give us an idea and its great to see that others are going loopy too. Still not long and you will be there in the throws of UK life. Yippeeee
Take care and have a few glasses (or bottles) of the good Aussie wine for me on your chill out days!!! If not see you in the nutty house with the rest of us !!!

:scared: Pants
Old Jan 29th 2004, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Gladrags is an unknown quantity at this point

Take care,

wilko
You lucky, lucky, ba****d! We are from the Preston Park area of Brghton and you are quite right. It has a unique buzz about it. VERY liveable for families and equally great for others! We are on our way back in a few short months, tho' not to Brighton. Can't wait.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Back to the UK

Hi Wilko,

I followed your threads when you were here in Aus. My husband and I have been here three months and are really not very happy. We just do not know how long to give it!

It is good to know you are happy back in the UK-am really glad for you.

Stay happy.

Take care,

wilko
Old Jan 29th 2004, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

George Lost is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Merlot:

same thing here with me... can't concentrate, am not sleeping well (usually don't get to sleep until 3:30am now), and am lethargic - can't seem to get going. My decision to move back to England (after a 33 + year absence, mind you) was made fairly quickly. Many things precipitated this decision - continued lack of good job prospects in my field, disillusionment with the Government, disgruntled with the lack of history and culture that England and Europe have.
I made the decision to go back on about Jan 15 this year, and my flight back is booked for Feb 18th.
I am very nervous about going back. After all, it's been a 33 year absence... and I have lost touch with relatives and friends over the years, but I miss England and its own uniqueness. I don't expect that the picture of England will reflect the one I have in my mind from 1970, when I left; but I am going back with an open mind.
The job prospects in my field in England seem to be much, much better in England than here. Having said that, I know that I will have to be positive and persuade any prospective employer that the 59 year old he/she is looking at is not really ready to be thrown on the slag heap!
Good luck in your move back.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:35 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by George Lost
Hello Merlot:

same thing here with me... can't concentrate, am not sleeping well (usually don't get to sleep until 3:30am now), and am lethargic - can't seem to get going. My decision to move back to England (after a 33 + year absence, mind you) was made fairly quickly. Many things precipitated this decision - continued lack of good job prospects in my field, disillusionment with the Government, disgruntled with the lack of history and culture that England and Europe have.
I made the decision to go back on about Jan 15 this year, and my flight back is booked for Feb 18th.
I am very nervous about going back. After all, it's been a 33 year absence... and I have lost touch with relatives and friends over the years, but I miss England and its own uniqueness. I don't expect that the picture of England will reflect the one I have in my mind from 1970, when I left; but I am going back with an open mind.
The job prospects in my field in England seem to be much, much better in England than here. Having said that, I know that I will have to be positive and persuade any prospective employer that the 59 year old he/she is looking at is not really ready to be thrown on the slag heap!
Good luck in your move back.

Hi George Lost

Thanks for your words of support and I wish you the very best getting back over on 18th Feb, back before me you lucky thing.

I think the words you used "I am going back with an open mind"are one of the most important things when starting again in a new country, in fact it is the key otherwise I don't think it works to well.

I have been away from the UK since 1997 in Australia and previous to that travelled and lived O/seas since 1991. I think in the 90's I was only there for about 2 years in total!

I know that I feel Australian in the respect I have adapted to be. There are still things that erk me about Australian's way of existing but looking back I have moulded myself in their ways to survive and it has worked. I haven't sold out, I am still the British Bull dog and have many of those Bristish qualities on display.

I also feel that the speed of your decision do do something with your life shows passion and determination, having this kind of strength shows through and you will show the world you mean business!!

Go for it and keep us all updated.

Best wishes
Merlot

Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:37 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by Pants
Hey Merlot

If not see you in the nutty house with the rest of us !!!

:scared: Pants

I've booked us a place at the nutty house, they do Ozzie wine on tap!

Thanks for your support
Merlot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.