Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Family Tax Credit (for people moving back fom Aus)

Family Tax Credit (for people moving back fom Aus)

Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Tax Credit (for people moving back fom Aus)

Read in the paper that for each child the goverment will be giving away $1,000 payble out at the end of the tax year next year.

Checked this out with the family tax benefit place today in Perth and we can still get our's even though we are leaving in 4 weeks time.

So for anyone leaving for the UK soon like us you must claim it manually yourself or you will lose out on it. You can download the form but after 30 June 2009 only. Fill it in and check with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship that you meet their requirements (ie going and not coming back)! Your visa must show this and be in order.

You can then send it in and you will be paid out after the end of the tax year next year.

Worth collecting as we'll end up with $3,000 from them for our three.

Go to www.familyassist.gov.au
On the left side is claim forms then select Annual Lump Sum Payment 2008-2009.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Tax Credit (for people moving back fom Aus)

Title edited so its clear which country it refers too, hope you don't mind
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

Thank you for that information but I am a little confused.......doesn't take much

Is this additional to the current handouts that are in full swing at the moment?

Thank you
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:10 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, this is an extra bonus a gift from the goverment!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

wow..........

Thanks for that, however, (here's me being thick again....!!!) I have followed your link but I cannot find the 2008/2009 year end thingy

Sorry, but could you just point me in the right direction again..........

Thank you

Chelle
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I thought it was being paid out now? Or at least, in the current payment cycle (so if you are due to get your normal Family Tax Benefit payment tomorrow, then the $1k per child will be included this time).

They do normally do a year-end lumpsum but I thought it was $600/child?

Also, this $1k is only payable if you're on FTB part A