Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A Facebook Group for MBTTUK

A Facebook Group for MBTTUK

Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Facebook Group for MBTTUK

As the title says....does anyone know of a group that has been created on Facebook that we can all join? There is a thread going on right now in the Canada Forum and a group has been created specifically for them, and I know that there is another Britishexpats.com group on Facebook, but the members in that group seems to be mainly Australian - but love it! I thought it would be a great idea to have a Facebook group especially for those of us who are going back/wanting to go back/homesick & just pining for our beloved homeland! Perhaps we can get a concensus of opinion and if it's a go-er, then we can get one created. Looking forward to your ideas.
Ruby x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Facebook Group for MBTTUK

Ok, not much interest as yet ??? However, I have created a group anyway so if any of you are interested, please come on board. The link is:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25489449704

I look forward to seeing many of you people on there.
Ruby xxxx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Ok, not much interest as yet ??? However, I have created a group anyway so if any of you are interested, please come on board. The link is:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25489449704

I look forward to seeing many of you people on there.
Ruby xxxx
Hi I'm in Ruby. Just joined! I will look forward to seeing many more on there!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rabsody
Hi I'm in Ruby. Just joined! I will look forward to seeing many more on there!
Hey thanks rabsody.....nice to see you on there
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

I'm in
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:45 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

im on bebo anyone use that?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
im on bebo anyone use that?
No, sorry
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:51 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

I actually have Facebook, Bebo, AND LinkedIn accounts, but I'm not very active on any of them . . . . I'll add MBTTUK to my groups on Facebook. Right now it's down for site maintenance.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well it's just after 9.30am and I've got up! The first thing on my mind is to see how many of us in this forum have joined the group.......thanks to those that have xxx........we now have 6 members. But we need more members.

For those of you who don't know much about Facebook (and don't worry 'cos there's plenty that still don't), it's a website where you can create your own "space"....put as much or little info about yourselves as you want, put photos on, add yourselves to groups (like http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25489449704) !!! You can take quizzes, join in discussion topics, add your most favourite hobbies or interests....I could go on! It's an amazing tool and believe me, once you are truly hooked on Facebook, it is very addicting!! They've now added a new feature - instant messaging. So if any of your "friends" are online you can chat with them. You can also set your own privacy restrictions so that not everyone can see about you.

Anyway, if you haven't got a facebook account, the website is
www.facebook.com and it's a doddle to set up.

Looking forward to seeing more of you on there.

Ruby xxx

PS I've added 5 photos on the group so far that (for me) represent "Britishness" but it would be nice to see more. They don't have to be symbols like I've added.....put your pics of places in the UK you've visited.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now

Last edited by Ruby Murray; Apr 27th 2008 at 4:46 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

All of this technology is confusing me!

I opened my own Facebook account yesterday, 'twas easy as you say, but when I go into the British Expats Facebook, I can't reply to any of the posts, only my hubby's account can.

Oh I'm all confused
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW

I opened my own Facebook account yesterday, 'twas easy as you say, but when I go into the British Expats Facebook, I can't reply to any of the posts, only my hubby's account can.

Oh I'm all confused
Tracy, I'm no whizkid myself, but perhaps remove yourself from the group for now....the one that's got hubbies picture.....go to your Profile homepage and upload a photo of yourself and make sure all the details relate to you....once you are happy that the account is all about you, then join the group again.
Hope this helps,
Ruby x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Oh I'm all confused
Hi Tracey

You should not be able to access your hubby's account from your profile, might sound like a silly question, but are you sure you are not inadvertantly signed into your hubby's account? Sometimes these things sign in automatically if your pc remembers the passwords!

You should have a separate user name for both yourself and your hubby. I will PM you my facebook username and I might be able to help you from there.

Faye
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:00 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I suspended my facebook account as i kept getting silly invites for things and my daugthers friends were constantly sending me eggs and stuff like that.

When i get home from work tonight i might join up on a new account
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I suspended my facebook account as i kept getting silly invites for things and my daugthers friends were constantly sending me eggs and stuff like that.

When i get home from work tonight i might join up on a new account
Hi FFFF,
You will no doubt get lots of invitations to do this and that, but you do have the option to ignore them if you wish....I don't bother with stuff like that, although i do do the odd quiz and join groups.

Looking forward to seeing you on there!
Ruby x
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Quick question about facebook. Sorry to hijack thread, but when you join up do you have to use your real name or do you make up a username? (OK that sounds really divvy) as you can tell, i know nothing about Facebook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.