Exchange rate

Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of
Default Exchange rate

Can anyone tell me whether I should be worried about the dwindling worth of my hard earned aussie dollars when converted to sterling? We are diligently saving for a deposit on a house and funds for a move back and still have over a year to go but it seems that everytime I need to work out a conversion lately the AU$ is worth less and less.....I know nothing about these things - is it likely to only get worse or could it improve over the next 16 months or are these questions that cannot be answered?!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Good luck...but it's one of those things that's hard to answer, or more people would be making money off the currency exchange business...

but check out XE.com and have a look at the exchange history thing they have...
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:03 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

it's hard to know but at least you have some time to watch it. All our hard earned Aussie dollars are still over there as the rate plumeted just before we left and hasn't really improved since and that was four months ago.

Historically the rate does seem to go down around March, but pick up around June and July....not so this year it seems.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by banjo
it's hard to know but at least you have some time to watch it. All our hard earned Aussie dollars are still over there as the rate plumeted just before we left and hasn't really improved since and that was four months ago.

Historically the rate does seem to go down around March, but pick up around June and July....not so this year it seems.

go to

www.bbc.co.uk

market data, curreiencies, you can trend the xchange rate, its a good tool.