Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

England is quite nice shocker!

Wikiposts

England is quite nice shocker!

Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England is quite nice shocker!

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Genau!

Geben Sie mir glühwein bitte und einer donna tasher ohne sasiki sosse...

god I loved germany at christmas....so much food and drink to consume...

(sorry but my typewriter doesn't do german letters)....
Me too, the gluhwein, ham hocks, pea soup, crepes with Grand Marnier, roasted chestnuts, wooden Christmas ornaments-loved the Christkindl Markt.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Who mentioned Grand Marnier?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Genau!

Geben Sie mir glühwein bitte und einer donna tasher ohne sasiki sosse...

god I loved germany at christmas....so much food and drink to consume...

(sorry but my typewriter doesn't do german letters)....
hate to tell you this but i'm off to berlin for 3 days to do some crimbo shopping and enjoy some glühwein in the mkts i think germany does the very best xmas decorations ever!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hate to tell you this but i'm off to berlin for 3 days to do some crimbo shopping and have enjoy some glühwein in the mkts i think germany does the very best xmas decorations ever!
They do, they really do get into Christmas, but in a nice way.
When we lived in the NL, they used to have a Christmas Market in the Caves at Valkenburg-now THAT was different, but neat.

"The most fascinating feature of this pretty town is the maze of underground corridors both under the town itself and the surrounding area. From Roman times, the soft yellow marlstone has been mined resulting in over 250km of passageways and caves. During World War Two, the caves sheltered such Dutch masterpieces as Rembrandt’s The Night Watch and other treasures that were hidden away from the Nazis."
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:59 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

hate to tell you this but i'm off to berlin for 3 days to do some crimbo shopping and enjoy some glühwein in the mkts i think germany does the very best xmas decorations ever!
you just love making me cry don't you....

I still have my little candle pyramid...(see pic link)...its lasted 7 yrs and still going strong...

http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk/shoppi5.jpg

does Berlin have its own ice-rink in the Alt Stat...Dusseldorf's Alt Stat was amazing and they would put light in all the trees (there must of been about 100 trees) all the way down Konigs Allie...it felt like walking through a fairytale....sorry but I adore Christmas and germany's the one place that celebrates it 110% and makes me feel like a kid again.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:03 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
actually just been into Manchester today and seen they have a big wheel London-eye style and lots of the German Christmas markets on.
What up b*******atch ??
Yeah - they have a big wheel and a continental market in Belfast now too - they're all the rage apparently
Glad to hear you're having a good trip.
Enjoy the weekend.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Well, been back in Blighty for 2 weeks now and have gone from thinking "ooh everything's tiny" to slotting right back in to life at home with my family.
Don't listen to the media, the streets aren't full of chavs, dogshit and peodophiles, the food is absolutely to die for and watching telly without advert's every 5 seconds is a refreshing change.
Seeing my old bezzie mate again has nearly moved me to tears and reminded me what life is like with a dear friend in it on a regular basis.
It almost makes me want to move back.
Who'd have thunk it?
My thoughts exactly. Good old Blighty
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:06 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Don't listen to the media, the streets aren't full of chavs, dogshit and peodophiles,
or most of the people in the dingo forum
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

you just love making me cry don't you....

I still have my little candle pyramid...(see pic link)...its lasted 7 yrs and still going strong...

http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk/shoppi5.jpg

does Berlin have its own ice-rink in the Alt Stat ...Dusseldorf's Alt Stat was amazing and they would put light in all the trees (there must of been about 100 trees) all the way down Konigs Allie...it felt like walking through a fairytale....sorry but I adore Christmas and germany's the one place that celebrates it 110% and makes me feel like a kid again.
hmmm not sure about that one...berlin has many xmas markets with the largest one at Alexanderstrasse complete with ferris wheel and carousels and that is where we usually end up. we've been skating at Potsdamer Platz before now but not sure if we will this year as my girlfriend i'm going with had knee surgery this fall.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by elfman
or most of the people in the dingo forum
haha so true.....now defo karma for that
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:34 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm not sure about that one...berlin has many xmas markets with the largest one at Alexanderstrasse complete with ferris wheel and carousels and that is where we usually end up. we've been skating at Potsdamer Platz before now but not sure if we will this year as my girlfriend i'm going with had knee surgery this fall.
Sorry forgot just how big Berlin is...

Anyway your going to have a great time shopping and drinking......you do realise that you'll have to carry your friend home if she gets too drunk (just to make sure she doesn't hurt her knee again)...

just remember us poor souls that are stuck here where there's no gluhwein, or beautiful architecture....

Last edited by lisag8070; Nov 28th 2007 at 1:35 pm. Reason: can't spell
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

no beautiful architecture....

and that is something i miss here big time! btw will think of you and hope you make it back to a german market one of these days ...btw check out cologne if you get to visit germany again, it's my fav market of all ~

http://www.koeln.de/en/whatson/christmas/markets.html
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:50 pm
Last orders please...

and that is something i miss here big time! btw will think of you and hope you make it back to a german market one of these days ...btw check out cologne if you get to visit germany again, it's my fav market of all ~

http://www.koeln.de/en/whatson/christmas/markets.html
don't worry Germany is the first country I want to re-visit when we get the chance..

have a lovely trip ...(sniff) and think of us when your stood in front of a beautiful cathedral (sniff, sniff) and getting drunk on the Alt beer..(bawling now)..
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Well, been back in Blighty for 2 weeks now and have gone from thinking "ooh everything's tiny" to slotting right back in to life at home with my family.
Don't listen to the media, the streets aren't full of chavs, dogshit and peodophiles, the food is absolutely to die for and watching telly without advert's every 5 seconds is a refreshing change.
Seeing my old bezzie mate again has nearly moved me to tears and reminded me what life is like with a dear friend in it on a regular basis.
It almost makes me want to move back.
Who'd have thunk it?
Glad your enjoying your stay. Family & friends, I always enjoy seeing them more in Blighty then when they come to USA. Not sure why that is, guess invokes old memories.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:00 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

oh god I miss the christmas market in Manchester...is it still in St Annes Square?...I'm jealous...I would love to be walking around manchester with a glass of mulled wine...and then getting the tram home all tanked up....bliss...

Glad your enjoying yourself...
The Christmas markets have spread! They're in St Annes square and now selling their bratwursts all down the side of Marks and Sparks now too, the big wheel thingy is in front of M&S and they have an outdoor ice skating rink in Picadilly Gardens!! They've gone all cosmopolitan this year have th'northerners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.