Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

England is quite nice shocker!

Wikiposts

England is quite nice shocker!

Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:51 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default England is quite nice shocker!

Well, been back in Blighty for 2 weeks now and have gone from thinking "ooh everything's tiny" to slotting right back in to life at home with my family.
Don't listen to the media, the streets aren't full of chavs, dogshit and peodophiles, the food is absolutely to die for and watching telly without advert's every 5 seconds is a refreshing change.
Seeing my old bezzie mate again has nearly moved me to tears and reminded me what life is like with a dear friend in it on a regular basis.
It almost makes me want to move back.
Who'd have thunk it?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:55 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England is quite nice shocker!

England is very charming in many ways.. I'm glad to hear that you are having a good time

Last edited by anabella; Nov 28th 2007 at 6:05 am.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sarah
Well, been back in Blighty for 2 weeks now and have gone from thinking "ooh everything's tiny" to slotting right back in to life at home with my family.
Don't listen to the media, the streets aren't full of chavs, dogshit and peodophiles, the food is absolutely to die for and watching telly without advert's every 5 seconds is a refreshing change.
Seeing my old bezzie mate again has nearly moved me to tears and reminded me what life is like with a dear friend in it on a regular basis.
Who'd have thunk it?
yeah but hold that thought! It sounds like you are really "on vacation". I always think about the reasons I live in the US. Did you expect it to be anything different. I always hope I will love it when I go back too, for the reasons that never go away.. some of those you mentioned. But it may just be rose tinted spectacles.. or it may not.. Only you can decide.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed

Sounds like your having a nice time...so how long you staying?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:15 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Who'd have thunk it?
Good to hear from you plus you're not staying in London, are you? i.e. there's life outside of the capital city.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:28 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Indeed

Sounds like your having a nice time...so how long you staying?
back to Pennsylvania on Tuesday
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:30 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Good to hear from you plus you're not staying in London, are you? i.e. there's life outside of the capital city.
Nope, family is all in Lancashire, actually just been into Manchester today and seen they have a big wheel London-eye style and lots of the German Christmas markets on. Strange to see everyone walking round with cups of mulled wine, as of course would be more illegal than marrying your sister in the US.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah...I'm pleased to hear you're having a great time in Blighty. It just feels so comfortable doesn't it? Must admit after being here for over 11 years when I go back it's still the same...apart from a few new buildings here and there.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:42 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a wonderful time, Sarah. Nice to learn that you are enjoying your stay in good old blighty ...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:54 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Don't listen to the media, the streets aren't full of chavs, dogshit and peodophiles
You obviously aren't in Croydon then! But seriously I'm looking forward to a bit of attitude from the chavs when I go back for xmas. I get so sick of the yanks being overly nice all the time, even after you have just insulted them to their face. Obviously the dogshit and the peodos can sod off!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:58 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

oh god I miss the christmas market in Manchester...is it still in St Annes Square?...I'm jealous...I would love to be walking around manchester with a glass of mulled wine...and then getting the tram home all tanked up....bliss...

Glad your enjoying yourself...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Who'd have thunk it?

ME

i'm pleased that all is going well, it's so easy to just slot back in to that way of life. OH is off to russia on sunday and so i'm heading to the uk 3 wks earlier than planned for xmas, love it and him
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lisag8070
oh god I miss the christmas market in Manchester...is it still in St Annes Square?...I'm jealous...I would love to be walking around manchester with a glass of mulled wine ..and then getting the tram home all tanked up....bliss...

Glad your enjoying yourself...

hmm Glühwein ...delicious!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:05 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
with a glass of mulled wine...
Errrrrrrrr that stuff is flucking rank!!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Errrrrrrrr that stuff is flucking rank!!!!!
you've obviously not had the real thang

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.