Employment Prospects UK?

Old Apr 3rd 2016, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future
Default Employment Prospects UK?

Hi community,

Great to see this place still thriving after many years away! Just wondered if anyone knows what the Employment prospects are in the UK at the moment?

The last I heard things were not great, that is possibly a couple of years ago in all honesty though. I am from a Trade background but have moved careers and am now a Psychotherapist. Happy to do either in all honesty. Does anyone have any ideas of the Employment situation?
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 5:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment Prospects UK?

Originally Posted by easty1976
Hi community,

Great to see this place still thriving after many years away! Just wondered if anyone knows what the Employment prospects are in the UK at the moment?

The last I heard things were not great, that is possibly a couple of years ago in all honesty though. I am from a Trade background but have moved careers and am now a Psychotherapist. Happy to do either in all honesty. Does anyone have any ideas of the Employment situation?
I still get emails regarding jobs in the south for maintenance techs. When you say trade background - mech, elec, plumbing. etc?
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I still get emails regarding jobs in the south for maintenance techs. When you say trade background - mech, elec, plumbing. etc?

Hi, thanks for the reply! Nothing as 'glamorous' as those unfortunately, lol. I am a Bricklayer by trade. Had hoped I had retired my tools but may have to polish them up again!
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by easty1976
Hi community,

The unemployment rate is relatively low at the moment,nothing's are definitely better than a couple of years ago.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The unemployment rate is relatively low at the moment,nothing's are definitely better than a couple of years ago.

Good to hear! Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

We have been back a month and can say that certainly down here in the South East, the economy is very strong and jobs are plentiful. Also going to get very silly as there are a number of massive projects about to happen. Heathrow new runway in particular is an enormous project - it requires demolishing a rebuilding thousands of houses, west London's biggest industrial park and even a major power station, oh and burying the M25 into a tunnel. Add on HS2 and Cross Rail 2 and the biggest issue with be enough people!
Old Apr 4th 2016, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by verystormy
We have been back a month and can say that certainly down here in the South East, the economy is very strong and jobs are plentiful. Also going to get very silly as there are a number of massive projects about to happen. Heathrow new runway in particular is an enormous project - it requires demolishing a rebuilding thousands of houses, west London's biggest industrial park and even a major power station, oh and burying the M25 into a tunnel. Add on HS2 and Cross Rail 2 and the biggest issue with be enough people!
Very positive! Sounds like there will be a lot of work about, even as you stated if mostly in the South East it always has a knock-on effect on a wider scale. Sounds like a good time to be returning to the UK! Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 6th 2016, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Ash77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get an HGV licence.
Old May 29th 2016, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

srwiley1962 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there many HGV jobs?