Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

DVLA Swansea and D737 Certificate

DVLA Swansea and D737 Certificate

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

mrcibubur is just really nicemrcibubur is just really nicemrcibubur is just really nicemrcibubur is just really nicemrcibubur is just really nicemrcibubur is just really nicemrcibubur is just really nicemrcibubur is just really nice
Default DVLA Swansea and D737 Certificate

I am a Brit presently in Indonesia where all my documents were stolen from my car last July 2011 and only now step by step have I been able to reconstitute everything. All except for my DVLA Driving Licence.

I do not work in Indonesia, I am only on a Visitor Visa (spouse sponsored) here. I keep a permanent registered address in Uk which is used for Passport and DVLA. Swansea will not issue replacement Driving Licence because I am away from Uk for more than 185 days. They will issue D737 instead which they say is good enough worldwide and includes Indonesia. I am not so sure.

DVLA also say that I must be back in UK for 185 days (6 months) before they will entertain an application for driving licence replacement (the photocard expired after 10 years but was lost with the counterpart in the theft).

I had actually sent back to Uk my original passport as evidence of identity because I did not have anything else to show address.

Is D737 good enough? I really do not want to have to take a UK Driving Test again simply because I cannot meet the criteria for living in the country for 185 days!