dog shippers

Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Default dog shippers

hi again

im getting qoutes to (possibly) ship our beloved back to uk, so far i have 4 qoutes ranging from $3600 down to $2540, hmm quite a bit difference.

obviously the higher qoutes are from well reccomended and well known companies, ive heard of them plenty on here, ive read a lot of old posts

and the lowest price is from a company that ive never heard of on here, and doesnt have a web page so im a little apprehensive to use them, but they are a $1000 dollars cheeper!

what can i do to check this company out a bit more? or do i just go with the well heard of one (dogtainers)??
thanks
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:13 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog shippers

Hi Island girl,

I also had this problem when I was looking at quotes. I had a quote from a company who seemed lovely but I had never heard of them and they didn't have any official info/website/signature block etc and it just worried me.

They may well have been just starting out (and perfectly wonderful) but in the end I decided to cough up and go with Jetpets. They were significantly more expensive but I haven't a bad word to say about them, so far. Incredibly patient, caring and professional. Moggies fly on June the 3rd and they are arranging boarding prior to that. I will still be a basketcase but they couldn't be in safer hands and I think the extra $$$ are worth the piece of mind at this point.

I also took the cheaper quote to Jetpets who knocked a bit off the price in response - maybe you could try that to sweeten the deal?

Good luck!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

thanks spuds
i know what you mean, normally i prefer to support small buisness's, but not where my beloved's safety is involved! maybe i might go and visit them to check it out, maybe ask why they dont have a web page? we are in 2008 now!!

i wonder if dogtainers would some money knocked off? hmm maybe $1000??

just out of interest spuds, wherabouts are you? i wonder if its the same small company?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:06 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by island.girl
thanks spuds
i know what you mean, normally i prefer to support small buisness's, but not where my beloved's safety is involved! maybe i might go and visit them to check it out, maybe ask why they dont have a web page? we are in 2008 now!!

i wonder if dogtainers would some money knocked off? hmm maybe $1000??

just out of interest spuds, wherabouts are you? i wonder if its the same small company?
Hey Island Girl, I am in Melbourne. X
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

miss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant future

Don't know whether it is of any help but the breeder of one of my dogs has exported quite a few & swears by Dog Porters International -who are Melbourne based.Apparently the guy to talk to there is Tim- she says that they are really good, & proper 'dog' people (if you know what I mean !) rather than just business people. I don't have contact details for them I'm afraid but you could no doubt find them in White Pages.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of them - we're taking our lot back in December & are also in the process of getting quotes - Dogtainers definitely cheaper than Jet Pets so far but I'm thinking of ringing these guys too - though we are in Sydney & he may not be able to help.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

russell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by island.girl
hi again

im getting qoutes to (possibly) ship our beloved back to uk, so far i have 4 qoutes ranging from $3600 down to $2540, hmm quite a bit difference.

obviously the higher qoutes are from well reccomended and well known companies, ive heard of them plenty on here, ive read a lot of old posts

and the lowest price is from a company that ive never heard of on here, and doesnt have a web page so im a little apprehensive to use them, but they are a $1000 dollars cheeper!

what can i do to check this company out a bit more? or do i just go with the well heard of one (dogtainers)??
thanks
hi islandgirl dont know where you live but we sent back our maltese from brisbane to london for $2080 dollars with animal logistics. just a small company but she was very professional, dog arrived on time and healthy tel no 07 3200 6162
ps we had to arrange a flight to glasgow through the handlers in london and there cost was 480 pounds
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

thanks all
i now have a qoute from animal logistics too, that was $2890, obviously my dog is slightly bigger than yours!
we are northern nsw, so melbourne is too far and dont want to fly beloved on any more planes than she has to!
still not too keen to go with 'the' cheapest.