Dependent visa related

Old Jul 14th 2023, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Nidbirdie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dependent visa related

Hi,

My 8 yr old son and my husband are applying as my dependents with me applying for student visa.

Now while filling in for financial dependency, is it necessary for my husband to mention our son as his dependent too? The funds we’re showing are all in my account though.

Currently, my son is dependent financially on him and as a parent it seems logical that he should be too, but the doubt is because all the proven funds are in my name for now, so would it be wrong to?

Its a stupid question but I’m really confused!

Thanks already!
Old Jul 14th 2023, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dependent visa related

Yes, of course you have to show you son as a dependent: ALL your dependents have to show their own money to support themselves.

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

Money they need to support themselves

Your partner and child must each have a certain amount of money available to them. This is in addition to the money you must have to support yourself.

Aren't you applying for husband and son at the same time you are applying for your student visa?

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jul 14th 2023 at 4:42 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2023, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Nidbirdie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am showing my son as my dependent and we do have enough funds for all of us but all in one account under my name as apparently, the main applicant’s proofs expedite the process if we’re applying together.

And yes, we’re applying at the same time but we have to make separate applications for each.
Old Jul 14th 2023, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nidbirdie
I am showing my son as my dependent and we do have enough funds for all of us but all in one account under my name as apparently, the main applicant’s proofs expedite the process if we’re applying together.

And yes, we’re applying at the same time but we have to make separate applications for each.
.... surely you have to show your husband as a dependent too?