Decision made!

Old May 4th 2006, 11:02 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decision made!

Well we have been back to the UK for 2 weeks now after an agonising 18 months in Oz. The long and the short of it is we have made up our minds which country is best for us and our new family. I think I was pretty sure after just one day but 2 weeks on we have decide to come back here to the UK.

The climate is much fresher and more to our tastes along with the people and their humour. We find almost every aspect of the UK better, even the traffic although congested and fast just seemed to all work better. On day one I was flashed out of junctions no less than 3 times, at first I was a bit stunned as this never happens in Oz and I’d forgotten that although road rage might be a problem here the drivers are more polite and aware of other drivers than down under.

The media annoyed me as it paints a far more bleak picture of the UK than is really the case for most people. Even this was offset by the fact that at least the bad stuff was talked about and brought out into the open so as something might be done about it. So much better than the head in the sand attitude and the she’ll be right messages.

The kids are definitely more clued up and seem infinitely smarter and job prospects for the boy when he grows up are just so much better regardless of what he ends up wanting to do.

It feels safer from an environment point of view for the boy, no more covering up in sun cream and mozzie repellent or even sore sweaty chuff for that matter.

So we are coming home as soon as everything is sold up, dogs will have to fly again as well but we are just so much happier and more content here.

Now just got to decide where to live, Surry seemed quite nice as does Solihull area…… I’ll be back on line in a week or so to answer any posts…..
Old May 4th 2006, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made!

Glad you have made a decision Arkon - I'm sure its the right one for your family
Old May 4th 2006, 11:20 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Well we have been back to the UK for 2 weeks now after an agonising 18 months in Oz. The long and the short of it is we have made up our minds which country is best for us and our new family. I think I was pretty sure after just one day but 2 weeks on we have decide to come back here to the UK.

The climate is much fresher and more to our tastes along with the people and their humour. We find almost every aspect of the UK better, even the traffic although congested and fast just seemed to all work better. On day one I was flashed out of junctions no less than 3 times, at first I was a bit stunned as this never happens in Oz and I’d forgotten that although road rage might be a problem here the drivers are more polite and aware of other drivers than down under.

The media annoyed me as it paints a far more bleak picture of the UK than is really the case for most people. Even this was offset by the fact that at least the bad stuff was talked about and brought out into the open so as something might be done about it. So much better than the head in the sand attitude and the she’ll be right messages.

The kids are definitely more clued up and seem infinitely smarter and job prospects for the boy when he grows up are just so much better regardless of what he ends up wanting to do.

It feels safer from an environment point of view for the boy, no more covering up in sun cream and mozzie repellent or even sore sweaty chuff for that matter.

So we are coming home as soon as everything is sold up, dogs will have to fly again as well but we are just so much happier and more content here.

Now just got to decide where to live, Surry seemed quite nice as does Solihull area…… I’ll be back on line in a week or so to answer any posts…..
Best wishes for you and your family back in the UK. Do keep us updated where you settle and how you all get on arkon.

take care,

Christina
Old May 4th 2006, 11:38 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

i think this was inevitable wasnt it arkon?

at least you can say you have tried it, didnt like it, and came back. not many people can say that.

we dont look at the UK, and think 'get me out of here'. we appreciate it, it is one of the best countries in the world, our lush land is beautiful, as is the history of the land. it will still be here for us, if it doesnt work out for us in australia.

just think of all your life experiences out in rural NSW, maybe you should jot them down and make a book? you write a good tale, tinged with humour.

enjoy you time in the UK, the weather's great today, isnt it?

take care
xx
Old May 4th 2006, 11:55 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Arkon - no-one can say you haven't given it a "fair go". I'm totally green with envy of course, but my turn will come one day.........

Keep us all updated - won't you?
Old May 4th 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

good luck arkon
after reading a few of your "experiences", im really pleased you are going back - maybe to a bit more sanity for you!
best wishes, keep us posted
c
Old May 4th 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Great news, I'm glad you have made the right decision. England is a lovely country and I'm sure you will be happier there.

I know what you mean about the courtesy shown when driving. Even if you have been indicating for ages, people here would rather run you off the road rather than let you in. I often let people in and they rarely acknowledge or thank you.

So you just need to sell up now - I don't think there will be a queue of British Expats wanting to buy the farm do you?

Good luck, keep everyone posted
Kathy
Old May 4th 2006, 12:38 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move. Hope it works out
Old May 4th 2006, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Arkon. Bet you feel so much better now you know a decision has been made.

Solihull is nice. My old stomping ground! Bit pricey though. Try looking at a village called Catherine De Barnes just outside Solihull...wow!

Good luck
Old May 4th 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you Arkon ... sure you've made the right decision. What are you going to do back in the UK work wise?
Old May 4th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Arkon
Although i'm sure you don't need it,
it will all be ok

shelly
Old May 4th 2006, 5:40 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Least surprising post in BE history. But seriously - best of luck to you, the missus and the little 'un - hope everything works out well for you back in blighty.
Old May 5th 2006, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

SCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really nice

Glad you've made the decision.

ps You've only been here 18 months. My god, it
seems so much longer. Sure it feels like it too
Old May 5th 2006, 12:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realise there was a possibility of you not going back But seriously, hope you get a buyer soon for the property.
Old May 5th 2006, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Must feel like a huge weight lifted hey

I would advise you to write down the things that you loved there as I am sure that you will get cold feet several times whilst you are selling up.

Good luck with it all and keep us all posted on how things are going.

Are you going to stay rural in the UK

After having 2 acres I think that I am ready for a much smaller garden let alone what you had.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.