Decision made!

Old May 17th 2006, 12:34 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made!

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
Really pleased for you Arkon ... sure you've made the right decision. What are you going to do back in the UK work wise?
I don't know yet, maybe a farm!?... Oh hang on there's more chance of me having bowel surgery in the woods with a stick than me buying another farm, regardless of country...

Oh and Tada!!! I'm back in sunny NSW and guess what was there to greet my return? Another f~*king water leak, or should I say fountain. But it was all ok as a different polypipe had ruptured this time and the local store had the required part I needed in stock, So it had only been filling the river for a month or so! Oh well I’m getting used to $600+ water bills now and doing my bit to help the countries draught problem.

Last edited by arkon; May 17th 2006 at 12:51 pm.
Old May 17th 2006, 12:35 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SCOTTISH MARK 2
Glad you've made the decision.

ps You've only been here 18 months. My god, it
seems so much longer. Sure it feels like it too
It feels like it to you! It seems like a life sentence to me, Rapists get less time!
Old May 17th 2006, 12:41 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by dadpad
Congragulations for reaching a decision. Having read a lot of your posts it comes as no surprise to hear that you're moving back and I am sure that you will be happier back home. Good luck with selling up, it all seems so daunting but do what I did and take it one day at a time.

As you may know we have lived in Aus 3 years in August and made the decision to return back home 4 months ago. I spent a week in the U.K. a little over a month ago and it felt so right to be back and so wrong to be living in Aus. It made me question why we had left the U.K. in the first instance and how the hek we could have left! I think at the time we probably just needed an adventure so no regrets there.

We've sold the house in Aus and fly back for good on the 7th June and will be living out our days in the beautiful hills of Surrey.

I am so looking forward to finally getting back. Be warned if you're anything like us you will have moments of cold feet but for us our gut feeling for returning is a lot stronger.

Best of luck
Thanks dadpad and all the rest of you, without this forum I would have gone mad by now. you are right, the UK felt just so right and here feels just so wrong. Within a day I'd made a new friend of someong I met in Tescos at the baby food shelfs! That just could not have happend here.

Just the seemingly impossible task of selling the house and farm, car, caravan, pakies oh and figuring out how to get the dogs home without putting them through quarentine.
Old May 17th 2006, 12:48 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Brucey
Hi BigDavyG
Homesickness from my experience of others in Oz and from when I was in boarding school is when your miserable, unhappy and you struggle on a daily basis. Its true we miss the things you have mentioned but I would not describe myself or my familly as homesick, if we had to stay it would not be the end of the world for us, but for us (from our perspective) there is a better life on offer in Ireland than here so we are lucky enough to be able to return to it so we will.
I would have no problem admitting I was homesick, but if you meet someone who is really homesick you quickly see the difference between someone who is homesick and someone who is just moving on.
I agree, We could have stuck it out here and tried other areas but when you find the only people you can actually get along with is other Brits and even other expat nationalities it does make you question whats the point of staying. Britian for all its faults and there are many are all just a drop in the ocean when compared to here.

Life is for living and although we decided to move here to retire and slow down a bit, this turns out to have been very misguided. In the UK I feel we can wake up again and life life to the full rather than the sleepy brain dead life we have here.
Old May 17th 2006, 1:00 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

I don't post often, but have enjoyed following your posts. Good Luck with all you do in the future. Let us all know how it goes.
P. S I've a great property for sale in the Midlands if your interested - great plumbing and no leaks
Old May 17th 2006, 1:05 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Loubags
I don't post often, but have enjoyed following your posts. Good Luck with all you do in the future. Let us all know how it goes.
P. S I've a great property for sale in the Midlands if your interested - great plumbing and no leaks
Wanna swop it for a couple of Visas and a farm?
Old May 17th 2006, 1:51 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon
Wanna swop it for a couple of Visas and a farm?
Got the visas but would have the farm, if you could move it to the Hills in Perth.
Old May 18th 2006, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Just the seemingly impossible task of selling the house and farm, car, caravan, pakies oh and figuring out how to get the dogs home without putting them through quarentine.[/QUOTE]

I will be watching this space for your experience. I may need to do it myself one day!! Good luck.
Old May 19th 2006, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

SCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ian12
Just the seemingly impossible task of selling the house and farm, car, caravan, pakies oh and figuring out how to get the dogs home without putting them through quarentine.
I will be watching this space for your experience. I may need to do it myself one day!! Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Why does it seem o so much more of a drama moving
all your stuff back than it did coming out

O to go back to those naive days when you thought
you'd be here forever
Old May 19th 2006, 8:42 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by SCOTTISH MARK 2
Why does it seem o so much more of a drama moving
all your stuff back than it did coming out

O to go back to those naive days when you thought
you'd be here forever
You are kidding right? I used a British company to get my stuff out here and they were bad enough. The thought of an Ozzy company doing it just makes my spine tingle with the thought.
Old May 19th 2006, 11:35 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Arkon..now now....the aussie company we used were brilliant can't fault them. 2 guys to pack a 4 bedroom house in one day and they didn't stop. Hats of to them as they did a brilliant job....this side of the water we had UK company off load container and they weren't as good.

Now stop cringing !!
Old May 19th 2006, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

i just popped on to find out about insurance back to UK and i saw this thread!! welcome back mate. we have been back about 3 weeks now.

rooksie xx

Originally Posted by arkon
Well we have been back to the UK for 2 weeks now after an agonising 18 months in Oz. The long and the short of it is we have made up our minds which country is best for us and our new family. I think I was pretty sure after just one day but 2 weeks on we have decide to come back here to the UK.

The climate is much fresher and more to our tastes along with the people and their humour. We find almost every aspect of the UK better, even the traffic although congested and fast just seemed to all work better. On day one I was flashed out of junctions no less than 3 times, at first I was a bit stunned as this never happens in Oz and I’d forgotten that although road rage might be a problem here the drivers are more polite and aware of other drivers than down under.

The media annoyed me as it paints a far more bleak picture of the UK than is really the case for most people. Even this was offset by the fact that at least the bad stuff was talked about and brought out into the open so as something might be done about it. So much better than the head in the sand attitude and the she’ll be right messages.

The kids are definitely more clued up and seem infinitely smarter and job prospects for the boy when he grows up are just so much better regardless of what he ends up wanting to do.

It feels safer from an environment point of view for the boy, no more covering up in sun cream and mozzie repellent or even sore sweaty chuff for that matter.

So we are coming home as soon as everything is sold up, dogs will have to fly again as well but we are just so much happier and more content here.

Now just got to decide where to live, Surry seemed quite nice as does Solihull area…… I’ll be back on line in a week or so to answer any posts…..
Old May 19th 2006, 1:20 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Pants
Arkon..now now....the aussie company we used were brilliant can't fault them. 2 guys to pack a 4 bedroom house in one day and they didn't stop. Hats of to them as they did a brilliant job....this side of the water we had UK company off load container and they weren't as good.

Now stop cringing !!
Yes but was it the right house?
Old May 19th 2006, 1:21 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Pants

Now stop cringing !!
And I thought you had to number all your boxes!? How did they manage past the tenth box? Was one of them a pom to do all the counting for them?
Old May 19th 2006, 1:45 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

ohhh Arkon...miaowwwwwwwwwwwww

I shall ask my aussie hubby if he did the counting then shall I ? lol....

I know one thing..the guy in the UK had to use the toilet and lets just say to left a lasting essence..!!! :scared: Mate is was so strong I was too embarrassed to open the front door for the rest of the day.!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.