Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Decided to move back- thanks to many

Decided to move back- thanks to many

Old Nov 30th 2014, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Cambridgeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decided to move back- thanks to many

I participated in this forum during the summer and received a lot of helpful information. So a big thank you for those who have posted sharing their experiences. It's been 17 years since I have been back, and the wife and I decided we are going to move back to England this summer. She has never been, but is looking forward to a new experience.

I mentioned this before but though there is a lot of great things about America its just not England. Home is where the heart is , and my heart really has never been here. The plan is to go back this July at the earliest or next December at the latest.

I am sure I will be researching more information here and of course asking lots of questions as the time draws closer. If anyone out there is on the fence about moving, I encourage you to follow your heart.
Old Nov 30th 2014, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice
Default Re: Decided to move back- thanks to many

We (my husband and I) moved back in 2013 after spending 17 years in Pennsylvania and although for the first few months we missed a lot about USA, I have to say moving back to England was the best thing we've done in a long time.
Good luck with your moving back
Old Dec 1st 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Cambridgeman. I wish you all the best and know personally what a tough decision it is to make and know all about the hurdles you have in front of you. Feel free to reach out on here or via PM if you need anything. Cheers and all the best. M
Old Dec 1st 2014, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Cambridgeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I may reach out for help. It is kind of nerve racking but am excited.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I don't miss anything about the US (only people) but it's not easy by any means. All the best and I hope we can help you with practical matters.

Your wife's very brave!

Last edited by Sally Redux; Dec 1st 2014 at 4:57 pm. Reason: Clarify
Old Dec 1st 2014, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Cambridgeman! It's exciting and scary but it's the right thing--if you didn't do it, judging from the way you say you feel, you would always regret it.

Your wife is indeed brave, kudos to her for being up for the adventure.

Keep us posted!