Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Daft Question.. Plasma TV's

Daft Question.. Plasma TV's

Old May 23rd 2009, 8:31 am
Just Joined

DonnyWhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Daft Question.. Plasma TV's

Maybe this is really obvious but can a digital plasma TV bought here in Australia work efficiently over in the UK?
I need to know what belongings I want to sell now and what to bring home with me.
Regards,
Ian.
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

ree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Daft Question.. Plasma TV's

Originally Posted by DonnyWhite
Maybe this is really obvious but can a digital plasma TV bought here in Australia work efficiently over in the UK?
I need to know what belongings I want to sell now and what to bring home with me.
Regards,
Ian.
We brought our Panasonic back and it works fine with a Sky or Freeview box but doesn't work straight from the aerial.
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

I was told that you will get a picture but no sound. You can buy a set top box or i heard that if you plug your dvd recorder into tv that works. (if its multi regional) You can get a hackers code to make dvd recorder multi regional.Just google the make and model of your dvd recorder, also type in hacker codes.It should come up which code to use for brand.I got the code for mine last week but havn't tried it yet.
Old May 23rd 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnyWhite
Regards,
Ian.
As both Australia and the UK use PAL (Phase Alternating Line) as their colour encoding system for broadcast, then theoretically you should be fine.

D.