Crap UK System

Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:58 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crap UK System

Originally Posted by Elvira
Very true...

6% vs 1.25%..........
Yeah, but the property values are typically much, much higher.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:01 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yeah, but the property values are typically much, much higher.
Also rates CAN be negotiated AND if two agents are involved-one buyer, one seller they split the commission so it can be 3 % or less.

I don't understand the deal in Scotland where you have to offer MORE than the asking price??!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Houston,

What a blast 7 days of pure fun......

Many thanks

god bless uSA
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:09 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on a mission
Houston,

What a blast 7 days of pure fun......

Many thanks

god bless uSA
HA! What a blast, little joke there. Soz, couldn't resist.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Well, a change from the 'ooh, everything in the USA is shit' type of threads, heres on about something crap in the UK

Selling/buying real estate is horrible. I'm trying to flog my flat in the UK and after speaking to the estate agent, it seems that

1. I have no contract with the buyer

2. They have no skin in the game (no earnest money)

3. They can walk away at any time until after the exchange

4. Theres no financing pre-qualification to weed out muppets

Its very frustrating :curse:

Basically I'm being pissed about by someone who has made an offer and they are now being a bit shady.

To make matters worse, my greencard is about to expire and my intention was to get over there at the last minute to manage the close of the transaction, but now that doesn't look possible... :curse::curse::curse:
At least youre selling before the silly Home Sellers Packs come into force, that would be just another headache!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:46 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
At least youre selling before the silly Home Sellers Packs come into force, that would be just another headache!
not if you're buying...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
not if you're buying...
Indeed not, but I think they put the whole scheme on hold just before it was about to launch.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:00 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adnams
Indeed not, but I think they put the whole scheme on hold just before it was about to launch.
new date August 1 2007.

good idea if you are a buyer imo.

http://www.hipsdirect.com/
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TruBrit
new date August 1 2007.

good idea if you are a buyer imo.

http://www.hipsdirect.com/
But only for four or more bedrooms?

Perhaps there'll be more houses on the market with "Studies" or "Dining rooms"
soon
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by farmerwife
But only for four or more bedrooms?

Perhaps there'll be more houses on the market with "Studies" or "Dining rooms"
soon
when i was over there last week there was talk about bringing it down to include 3 bed so dunno but yeah haha lots more studies
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:10 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs

I don't understand the deal in Scotland where you have to offer MORE than the asking price??!!!
Yes at the mo its over 20% and people I know still didn't get it! Its better for the sellers in Scotland I think as once you make your offer its binding. But the downside is you have to fork out for the survey before you put in an offer so you as a buyer can be out of pocket if you don't have the winning bid.
But the survey is quite a bit cheaper than England.