Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

cost of shipping back to uk

cost of shipping back to uk

Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:23 am
Just Joined

nirvana 101 has a spectacular aura aboutnirvana 101 has a spectacular aura aboutnirvana 101 has a spectacular aura about
Default cost of shipping back to uk

reckon we will have about half a 20 foot container can anyone tell me the rough cost from oz to uk thanks xxx
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

C moi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cost of shipping back to uk

The main problem with shipping half a container is the packing/packaging of your personal effects.
I know someone who ships wine from Australia regularly and could consolidate your personal effects with half a container of cased wine.
Shipping like this is cheaper but you need to be aware that although it is safe, you're responsible for the packaging of the goods.
I have a friend who did that and I think he paid 1000 pounds for a similar shipment from Adelaide or Melbourne.
If you are interested I can put you in touch with the company he used.

Regards

C moi
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:49 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nirvana 101
reckon we will have about half a 20 foot container can anyone tell me the rough cost from oz to uk thanks xxx
We using Frater Removals who are local to us. We originally contacted OSS who sent round Frater Removals and we are shipping half a container. It's costing us $6,500 including insurance. I think this is a good price. We were getting quotes for $8 -10,000 not including insurance.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice

Originally Posted by nirvana 101
I think it may go by the weight Nirvana, Our quote has been $11,000 ~ 20ft the container is not full, But our shipping is coming from Canada, we did the packing ourselves into plastic containers and it has been difficult to get insurance coverage because we did that, Some containers will go into boxes and some will be plastic wrapped' insurance now sorted, it may not help what i have told you as your in oz' so good Luck
Lalaloubell