Wikiposts

The Contentment Chart

Old Mar 29th 2013, 4:18 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Contentment Chart

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Yes, me too, for you and for me! It will be so much better to just go and visit. I think I read that it is the most crowded city in the world
I think visiting is a much better idea...it gives me something to look forward to and I'm pretty sure the novelty of living near London would wear out eventually. This way it can be an exciting idea to visit, but then get that gloriously relaxing feeling of going HOME after, back to the country..back to the peace and quiet.. LOL
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Beautiful Garden Route of South Africa, hoping to return to equally beautiful Kent soon!
MagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really nice

We're moving to Bromley (albeit in Greater London!!) which is listed as no 9.
I think the original survey was done by Rightmove.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Contentment Chart

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Yep, I'm in Harrogate. That's why I'm always smiling

Seriously though, I am not at all surprised to see that. Harrogate really is a lovely place - hence the high housing prices.

Maybe I shouldn't be moving to Skipton next week
You had me in stitches Sally

I love your sense of humour

Karim
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:38 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
What I don't care for is that it seems to be close to Manchester which is one of the heavily populated urban areas of England, next to Birmingham and London. Of course, I should have taken note of the scale of the map I looked at but did not.
I'm in the middle of Yorkshire (roughly) and Manchester is one hour and 20 minutes away. It's another world and bars no relation to our everyday life. Leeds is our nearest city at 30 minutes drive, but again - we usually have nothing to do with it.

We're moving on Thursday (yay!) and our new house is only 50 minutes from Manchester. It looks as though it's in the middle of nowhere as it's surrounded by sheep, fields and just a few farmhouses, but it's 10 minutes from a fast road to Manchester. This for us is a huge plus! Manchester gets plays and concerts and exhibitions on a par with London or New York. We love the idea of being completely removed from the big city, but being able to pop to see a play and get home the same night (we're hoping to see Kenneth Branagh in Hamlet very soon - can't do that anywhere except Manchester).
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:41 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, I was just thinking - if you're considering Yorkshire and Scotland, have you also considered Northumberland or Cumbria? Both are further north than Yorkshire and both are stunning in different ways.

I'm tied emotionally to Yorkshire (and by family and friends) but if I wasn't those are the two counties I'd consider.