Which comes first?

Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:21 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which comes first?

Originally Posted by fledermaus
When you move back to the UK, but don't really mind which area you live in but Norfolk would be good, what comes first? Is it finding a job or selling your house? I would have thought selling your house, especially in our case when all our money is tied up in it.

Given that we have spent/wasted thousands moving and setting up home here we have very little left to move back with. It may not even be feasible.

So, what we need to look into is;
which areas are cheaper and decent to live in? (Norfolk, Linconshire maybe)
How much did you spend on returning? roughly, belongings, cats, initial rental etc
What's a reasonable wage to live on in the UK now? Thinking Norfolk again.

Just thinking about moving back, maybe next year, maybe sooner. Any answers would be much appreciated.

I think you need to combine work prospects with places to live, what do you do for work ?

Norfolk is OK but work is scarce, peterborough, Cambridge, northamptonshire, although only on the edge of norfolk give better work prospects.

House prices in norfolk area are quite cheap, hence no work., they get dearer nearer the cities and industrial areas obviously.

Rentals depend on area again, but range from 300 to 550 pound a month...3 bed terrace type of house.

As for income depends what you do, tradesman can earn as much as hard as they want to work.

I wouldn't say you wasted money, it must have been a great experience plus when you return you will appreciate it much more than before.

How long you been away ?