C'mon guys - bar's open!

Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: C'mon guys - bar's open!

Originally Posted by kporte
if you all feel like that its fine, really feel for the folks who are divided, that has got to be tough
Sorry, just nipped to the loos - I like this place, toilets are really clean!

Yeah, I know what you mean. We have talked it through extensively as a family and we are all agreed that England is where we want to be so it's been pretty straightforward for us. I can't imagine how it must feel for those who are stuck because a partner loves it. I just hope that somehow, they can all find some kind of resolution.

I must admit, I do hate it when people assume you haven't researched enough or tried hard enough once you get here and decide it's not for you. I would think all of us at one point had the same dreams and aspirations and were equally as excited about the journey as those who have found that they love it. There must be nothing worse than being unhappy somewhere and being made to feel like a 'failure' on top of it (I don't feel like this 'cos I don't give a shit and am not unhappy, but many do). I am genuinely pleased for people who have realised their dreams, but it isn't for everyone and those that are brave enough to admit it should also be applauded. Horses for courses really, aint it?

Anyways, glad you love it here, where are you?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

brisbane.

had a bit of a realisation the other night regarding this. we are really happy here and i was getting really pissed off at people slagging oz off. (didn't help that the subject was ready meals which i have developed an issue with since working in the field) its hard to explain but i get really pissed off at people slagging of the uk too.
then it occured to me that giving folks who were unhappy a hard time, was unfair, and i should be more supportive. i will still throw in my tuppence worth, but in future i will try to be more helpful with my comments

there but for the grace of god as my mum used to say!

you can do all the reasearch you want and reccie all you want, but you never know til you live here eh? we never did a recce , didn't see the point
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

brisbane.

had a bit of a realisation the other night regarding this. we are really happy here and i was getting really pissed off at people slagging oz off. (didn't help that the subject was ready meals which i have developed an issue with since working in the field) its hard to explain but i get really pissed off at people slagging of the uk too.
then it occured to me that giving folks who were unhappy a hard time, was unfair, and i should be more supportive. i will still throw in my tuppence worth, but in future i will try to be more helpful with my comments

there but for the grace of god as my mum used to say!

you can do all the reasearch you want and reccie all you want, but you never know til you live here eh? we never did a recce , didn't see the point

I hope you didn't think I was pointing the finger at you personally! It is hard if you don't settle and sometimes it can be the little things that wind you up. I think if people are honest though, they will not dislike EVERYTHING about Aus, but like I say, the little things can really get you!

This is a little sanctuary for those who are not 'loving it' but I think there is room for those that are if they can show support - mind you, the odd jibe can be taken here and there! That's part of the reason I thought I'd open the bar, a little bit of relaxation and banter for everyone with no agenda. Hope there's more people in tomorrow - perhaps I'll have to open earlier

BTW - the bar obviously isn't just open to those in UK or Aus!

Last edited by 3 go mad in Adelaide; Oct 17th 2008 at 3:18 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
I hope you didn't think I was pointing the finger at you personally! It is hard if you don't settle and sometimes it can be the little things that wind you up. I think if people are honest though, they will not dislike EVERYTHING about Aus, but like I say, the little things can really get you!

This is a little sanctuary for those who are not 'loving it' but I think there is room for those that are if they can show support - mind you, the odd jibe can be taken here and there! That's part of the reason I thought I'd open the bar, a little bit of relaxation and banter for everyone with no agenda. Hope there's more people in tomorrow - perhaps I'll have to open earlier
no didn t take any personal slight, but lots of people do, which is why , what could be good debates just end up like a playground spat
i've visited this part of the forum since i joined and has been good to see all views.
i will put in some jibes, but hopefully you guys will take it on the chin. bear in mind i am happy here but here i am at 1 am on a friday night posting shit on here, when i am meant to be living the dream pity there is only 2 of us. no stamina i say!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

no didn t take any personal slight, but lots of people do, which is why , what could be good debates just end up like a playground spat
i've visited this part of the forum since i joined and has been good to see all views.
i will put in some jibes, but hopefully you guys will take it on the chin. bear in mind i am happy here but here i am at 1 am on a friday night posting shit on here, when i am meant to be living the dream pity there is only 2 of us. no stamina i say!
LOL, I know what you mean, but I've always been a hardend drinker! Mind you I think even I have to admit defeat now and close up - c'mon kporte, drink up!

Thanks for the chat tonight, love going to a pub and meeting new people! Comin' back in sometime?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

might pop in over weekend but working on house once hangover clears
take care
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Hope I'm not too late...................

A 1/2 lager and lime please, and I'll share those cashew nuts

Can I put in a request for U2...........still love that Bono

Actually, can I just have a pint, it'll save me stumbling up to the bar every ten minutes, ta
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

think i may have drunk all the booze
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Hope I'm not too late...................

A 1/2 lager and lime please, and I'll share those cashew nuts

Can I put in a request for U2...........still love that Bono

Actually, can I just have a pint, it'll save me stumbling up to the bar every ten minutes, ta
Lager and Lime? Wasn't that the alcopop before alcopops were invented?
Sure you can have one, but make it quick, lol! How about 'The Sweetest Thing' - will that do?

Pop back in tomorrow night, might have a karaoke!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

It's so funny here in the US, when I first moved here and asked for a lager and lime. They gave me a beer with a little wedge of lime on the top of the bottle. Haven't had a lager and lime here in America in 21 years, as they don't understand I mean lime juice not a piece of lime.

Lager and lime was my choice of drink as a teenager, probably too sweet now.......so when I pop back in this weekend, I'm going to order a Guinness
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Marmalade
It's so funny here in the US, when I first moved here and asked for a lager and lime. They gave me a beer with a little wedge of lime on the top of the bottle. Haven't had a lager and lime here in America in 21 years, as they don't understand I mean lime juice not a piece of lime.

Lager and lime was my choice of drink as a teenager, probably too sweet now.......so when I pop back in this weekend, I'm going to order a Guinness
takes too long to pour
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, but I'm really good at drawing a shamrock on it!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Yeah, but I'm really good at drawing a shamrock on it!
okay, but pour me a whisky while i wait
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

okay, but pour me a whisky while i wait
Jamesons ok?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Jamesons ok?
it will do, but do i sound irish?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.