Classic Britain

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:17 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Classic Britain

Just been watching GMTV and just had to share this with you all as I feel it epitomises Britishness.

So I'm watching the weather on GMTV (rain again!!!) and then they introduce this this new feature called 'Cheggers Campside Capers' ooohh looks interesting me thinks!

Well basically Keith Chegwin (yes he's still around - hands up who remembers 'Cheggers Plays Pop'??) is doing a recce of British campsites this week. Anyway camera pans to Cheggers adorning some kind of umbrella attached to a hat arrangement in the p*ssing rain in some camspite in North Devon - despite the rain all are in good spirits and they introduce the cream team making competition - cue some old dear from a local tea shop demonstrating how to assemble the perfect scone, jam and cream and then 2 wet individuals in cagoules have a race to see who can make the best cream tea while the tune 'In an English Country Garden' plays in the background. How classy is that??!!

I know some of you will be reading this thinking 'thank f*** we don't live in the UK anymore' but to me I just love it - where else in the world would you find a group of people dressed in shorts and flip flops in the pouring rain laughing and cheering making cream teas!!

Hey just thought - let's have a quick poll for fun - 'Britishness' - love it or hate it???

Me?? LOVE IT!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classic Britain

Originally Posted by pommybird
Just been watching GMTV and just had to share this with you all as I feel it epitomises Britishness.

So I'm watching the weather on GMTV (rain again!!!) and then they introduce this this new feature called 'Cheggers Campside Capers' ooohh looks interesting me thinks!

Well basically Keith Chegwin (yes he's still around - hands up who remembers 'Cheggers Plays Pop'??) is doing a recce of British campsites this week. Anyway camera pans to Cheggers adorning some kind of umbrella attached to a hat arrangement in the p*ssing rain in some camspite in North Devon - despite the rain all are in good spirits and they introduce the cream team making competition - cue some old dear from a local tea shop demonstrating how to assemble the perfect scone, jam and cream and then 2 wet individuals in cagoules have a race to see who can make the best cream tea while the tune 'In an English Country Garden' plays in the background. How classy is that??!!

I know some of you will be reading this thinking 'thank f*** we don't live in the UK anymore' but to me I just love it - where else in the world would you find a group of people dressed in shorts and flip flops in the pouring rain laughing and cheering making cream teas!!

Hey just thought - let's have a quick poll for fun - 'Britishness' - love it or hate it???

Me?? LOVE IT!
Pommy bird

You lovely
I'm just saying my goodbyes to people I love to pieces here and am feeling really sad about leaving them.
Your post made me grin loads, thanks.
I'm in the love it camp xxxx
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:46 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Pommy bird

You lovely
I'm just saying my goodbyes to people I love to pieces here and am feeling really sad about leaving them.
Blimey Birdy - that came round quick - all the very best for your return to the UK - make sure you continue to post and let us know how you are getting on.

It's always hard saying goodbye but you strike me as a positive, happy person and am sure everything will work out just fine for you, whereabouts in the UK are you headed??
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Birdy - that came round quick - all the very best for your return to the UK - make sure you continue to post and let us know how you are getting on.

It's always hard saying goodbye but you strike me as a positive, happy person and am sure everything will work out just fine for you, whereabouts in the UK are you headed??
Hi PB

Yes it did!!!!!!
I'm Devon bound
I'm just going through the 'breaking up is hard to do' stage I think.
I love some people here so much, its the migrants curse, should've listened to my ex and moved to france, friends'd be alot closer.
All my friends threw a suprise (half suprise) party on Sat night too - just to make me feel even more emotional.
Its funny, when I moved back last time I'd made a few good chums I knew I'd miss but felt alot less torn, this time I've met more people I'm really close to.
Still, I do know its the right move, just dont like this bit of it...
xxx
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:41 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Me?? LOVE IT!
LOVE IT - WITH BELLS ON

Pommy bird

You lovely

Good luck with the move - you are going throught the most difficult part now, but it will get better. Think of that plane landing in the UK, seeing friends and family again, English country pubs and lanes.....
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LouiseD
LOVE IT - WITH BELLS ON

Good luck with the move - you are going throught the most difficult part now, but it will get better. Think of that plane landing in the UK, seeing friends and family again, English country pubs and lanes.....
Thanks Louise
Its just part of the process you're right
I just need to slap myself every now n then I reckon.
xxx

Back to topic PB (apologies for hijack)
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

In the same line, there was a photo in yesterday's USA Today showing two British men playing snooker in a pub that was underwater. There they were, perfectly happy, couple of beers on the counter, knee-deep in water. It was classic. My husband (American) looked at it and snorted, "only the Brits"!!! It made me feel all warm and gooey and proud! No mucking about and moaning for us. Just get on with it.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Hi PB

Yes it did!!!!!!
I'm Devon bound
I'm just going through the 'breaking up is hard to do' stage I think.
I love some people here so much, its the migrants curse, should've listened to my ex and moved to france, friends'd be alot closer.
All my friends threw a suprise (half suprise) party on Sat night too - just to make me feel even more emotional.
Its funny, when I moved back last time I'd made a few good chums I knew I'd miss but felt alot less torn, this time I've met more people I'm really close to.
Still, I do know its the right move, just dont like this bit of it...
xxx

Have a good trip back Birdynumnum, wnt be long before your back on British soil again and loving it. Leaving your friends here is always hard but remember there is always MSN, emails and video to keep in touch plus you can always come bk for a holiday and somewhere to stay
Good luck and keep in touch
Di
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Me?? LOVE IT!

Yep, LOVE IT!

Di
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

smokin69 has a spectacular aura aboutsmokin69 has a spectacular aura aboutsmokin69 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Yep, LOVE IT!

Di
Love everything about it!!!