Reload this Page >

Claiming CPP in the UK from Canada

Claiming CPP in the UK from Canada

Old Aug 11th 2023, 9:20 am
Just Joined

al20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Claiming CPP in the UK from Canada

Hi,
I lived & worked in Canada for 8 years (2013 - 2020).

The minimum time to receive the pension is 10 years in Canada. Now that I am permanently back in the UK, am I able to transfer these 8 years of contributions over to my UK National Insurance contributions record?
Or, can I now collect my contributions from Canada as a pay-out (please note I am 45 years old)?

Thanks in advance,
Al
Old Aug 11th 2023, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Claiming CPP in the UK from Canada

You cannot withdraw a contribution to the plan, but you can begin your retirement pension as early as age 60. The Canada Pension Plan was not meant to be a savings vehicle, but a compulsory superannuation plan, to provide income when you are in your retirement years.
Old Aug 29th 2023, 1:53 am
Just Joined

coolcat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lived in Canada now for 17 years. I didn’t think there was a minimum requirement for how long you lived in Canada to get CPP. Also, I spoke to the UK pension office recently and you can buy back years from your UK pension at class 2 rate which is cheaper. Worth giving them a call

Here is a link to the website for CPP eligibility ..good luck! How are you liking the UK?

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...sions/cpp.html
Old Aug 30th 2023, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

There is no minimum time of residency in Canada required in order to collect CPP if you have worked in Canada and made contributions. The Old Age Security portion of the pension requires a minimum residency of 10 years. In order to be eligible for the maximum OAS amount, you must have lived in Canada for a period of 40 years after the age of 18.