Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Cherry Blossom and Magnolia

Cherry Blossom and Magnolia

Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:19 pm

Adelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cherry Blossom and Magnolia

Hi Flea,

Couldn't help noticing your post as we've been admiring the cherry blossom and magnolias too, here in Cornwall. Also the rhododenrons and camellias, absolutely stunning!

We arrived here a week or two before you I think and have had beautiful weather since, except for a day or two of rain. Lucky we missed the bad winter weather!

So glad to hear your dog survived the journey, it would be quite a worry to me if I had to bring any pets with me. Great news!

Good luck with everything!
Adelia
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:14 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
Great to hear from you, Flea.

I agree about the birdsong. Glorious!

Did you hear that cuckoos seem to have disappeared? People are in two minds. They're awful birds that harm others, but that cuckoo call always was a sign of spring.

Now we're over the jetlag it's time to get things organized to move back. I think perhaps the longer time changes are easier. Just lose most of a day. 8 hours is horrid. Totally knocks everything off.

Bev

When all the visitors came to BC they all arrived on that BA84 at 6.30pm. They only had to stay up for 3 hours and a good nights sleep. Going this way the planes always landed at 11ish in morning. Red bull and vodka... its the only way to stay awake Bev.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:09 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
When all the visitors came to BC they all arrived on that BA84 at 6.30pm. They only had to stay up for 3 hours and a good nights sleep. Going this way the planes always landed at 11ish in morning. Red bull and vodka... its the only way to stay awake Bev.
I think I used to be like that, but my body just wants to go east! When I go to the east coast of the US I get there in the evening and it's 3 hours later by my body clock, but I'm fine. When I come back, I'm shattered.

Going to England, we took melatonin on the plane, got in in the afternoon and took the train down to Devon. Got in about 8pm, stayed up a bit, took more melatonin, went to bed, and we were fine the next day.

Coming back, it's been over a week and I'm still icky. Late afternoon, I still get tired (past midnight in the UK), but when I stay up to midnight, my body decides it's morning!

Perhaps it's trying to tell me something.

Bev
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:48 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adelia
Hi Flea,

Couldn't help noticing your post as we've been admiring the cherry blossom and magnolias too, here in Cornwall. Also the rhododenrons and camellias, absolutely stunning!

We arrived here a week or two before you I think and have had beautiful weather since, except for a day or two of rain. Lucky we missed the bad winter weather!

So glad to hear your dog survived the journey, it would be quite a worry to me if I had to bring any pets with me. Great news!

Good luck with everything!
Adelia
Awwww great to hear from you Adelia. Hope all is going well with you!
Dont seem to get too many Rhodies or Camelias over this way. Must be the wrong soil type.
We drove up through the countryside around Chelmsford and Colchester yesterday. Fields and fields of citrus yellow. So so pretty against the green. I am not sure if it is mustard or rapeseed.
I even saw a Lilac in flower along my daughters street.

We are taking ALL my grandchildren for a farm day out tomorrow. I am told theres bluebell woods close by, so looking forward to that even though i cant walk too far, i hope to get a glimpse.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll! Are you back in Blighty again already? Have you taken to sneaking off from Mr. Quoll twice a year now! Where are you and how lovely is it to be back?

Originally Posted by quoll
Good to hear that things have started off so well Flea!

I agree the magnolias are a picture and all the blossom in the hedgerows does put a smile on one's face! We saw the most glorious magnolia in Mildenhall today and some of the daffs are still going very strong.

I am also enjoying the birdsong. What a pleasant change from the raucous squawks of the cockies and magpies in Aus. These ones actually SING!

Shame about today's weather and when I was at the Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst the other day it was cold wet and miserable but who cares, it has been glorious most of the past fortnight.

Hope all the job searching goes smoothly and you know where you will be heading for. Australia will be a dim and distant memory before too long I expect.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzie
Quoll! Are you back in Blighty again already? Have you taken to sneaking off from Mr. Quoll twice a year now! Where are you and how lovely is it to be back?
Just a month this time - yes, it was only 7 months since the last trip but this one was special. He didnt want to come even though I got a 2 for 1 fare - brought the younger son, his partner and our DGD so that the olds could meet their GGD! Also got to see a special occasion for the older son while we have been here so it has all worked out brilliantly.

The blossoms continue to blow me away. I cannot believe how beautiful England is in the spring time.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 9:07 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Thanks everyone.

You are right about the birdsong Quoll. Was listening to a songthrush in my daugthers garden this morning. Then a bit later a big fat robin sat on the lawn pulling up an enormous worm!!
Being in the countryside is wonderful, although I was sad to see 3 dead badgers on the roadside in the last few days. Not sure why so many seem to be getting run over. Cant remember seeing them years ago

I neednt have worried about my dog coming over. I have never seen her so perky. The cooler climate seems to suit her. She was well looked after on her flight. When we picked her up she had been bathed and even had her hair blow dried

Saw my first Britains Got Talent show on Saturday night. I laughed my socks off. I will do an individual thread for this womn that was on there. She sure as hell deserves it!
Hi Flea glad to see you made it back home safely. I could feel your happiness vibrating from your post. Just wanted to say Hi to you.Btw, that little lady in Britain's got talent has really caught the attention of people here in America. Nice to see people have their dreams come true.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
My little disabled grandaughter who is now 21mths old, was totally dumbstruck when nanna walked in the room she thinks i live in the computer on the webcam. Seeing me in the flesh was a bit of a shock to her, but i burst into ters when she held her arms up for me to give her a cuddle!
Nothing will take me away from these kids again.
This had me in floods of tears. I have small grandchildren in the UK and another on the way and I really miss them

I'm so pleased that hings have worked out well for you.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:14 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Hi Flea glad to see you made it back home safely. I could feel your happiness vibrating from your post. Just wanted to say Hi to you.Btw, that little lady in Britain's got talent has really caught the attention of people here in America. Nice to see people have their dreams come true.
Hi Yankie

Yes, I could not be happier. Not one regret and not one single itch to be back in Aus.

And... theres nothing nicer than seeing other peoples dreams come true
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:28 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by sunbather
This had me in floods of tears. I have small grandchildren in the UK and another on the way and I really miss them

I'm so pleased that hings have worked out well for you.
Awwww so sorry you are so far away. I missed mine so much I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me. I have such a strong bond to them all.
I think maybe it is because when mine were younger, I felt i missed out on a lot of their growing up due to running my business etc. I so want to be a big part of their lives as they grow up and the good thing about being granny is you get to do all the good things and hand them back when you are worn out LOL

I sincerely hope you get to be back with yours soon

Stayed overnight at daughters babysitting. I think the troops are falling out of bed so nanny is going to make fruit smoothies for breakfast!!!