car insurance - non resident

car insurance - non resident

Old Feb 28th 2015, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

evman99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car insurance - non resident

Hello

We are relocating back to the uk in July

I want to buy a car in April on a trip to the uk - we wont be uk resident then and from what I can see getting insurance is problematic for a non resident

Has anyone dealt with this before? - can anyone recommend an insurance agent or company that will be able to assist ?

Thanks

Evan
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:25 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car insurance - non resident

Originally Posted by evman99
Hello

We are relocating back to the uk in July

I want to buy a car in April on a trip to the uk - we wont be uk resident then and from what I can see getting insurance is problematic for a non resident

Has anyone dealt with this before? - can anyone recommend an insurance agent or company that will be able to assist ?

Thanks

Evan
Last time I was over, Aviva offered non resident insurance.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

philwood has a spectacular aura aboutphilwood has a spectacular aura aboutphilwood has a spectacular aura about

There will definitely be companies which offer insurance for non residents of the UK.

Even if the information isn't available on their website, I highly recommend phoning the company, telling them the situation and seeing what they can do for you. Many companies are fairly flexible and it doesn't hurt to ask.

This might be able to help you: Short Term Car Insurance for Visitors to the UK
Old Feb 28th 2015, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I'll second both the above posts: Aviva, & calling rather than trying to use websites.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yeh you will need to find the non-resident insurance companies... its called non standard same goes for your uk property house contents etc should be a non resident policy etc.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by philwood
There will definitely be companies which offer insurance for non residents of the UK.

Even if the information isn't available on their website, I highly recommend phoning the company, telling them the situation and seeing what they can do for you. Many companies are fairly flexible and it doesn't hurt to ask.

This might be able to help you: Short Term Car Insurance for Visitors to the UK
Expensive though I gust did an online quote and it was 3 times normal quote if you were resident.
If your able declare yourself resident and get a UK driving licence