Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Can't wait God bless England

Can't wait God bless England

Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

killamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nice
Default Can't wait God bless England

Been in Asia for what seems a life time. Oh my 10 years.....

Going Home as i have a beauitful new baby Girl, and well its given me more of a motivation than anything i have experienced while being away. Its like an adventure but closer to home!

I guess the lack of security here in asia has given me the final push. But if i was honest i was searching for a long time for a reason to go home.

I count myself as lucky. Many people knock home (UK) but i have been to places that make the UK seem like heaven. I work with many asians and they all dream of the UK.

I am lucky to be British, I honestly loved my country before i left, but now its taken it to a higher level.

Any advice on going home is greatly accepted. But i guess compared to other coutries i could do a lot worse.

My mate is American he went home recently and was denied entry for his fiance. My thai girlfriend is in the process now, i hope it all goes well. I told him we have free health and schools. He was gutted, he couldnt believe that the US freedom that he banged on about wasnt so free after all.

My daughter has already got her British Passport, and it makes me so happy that she has been accepted already. It puts a bit faith into what we have at home in England. I was worried that as we are not married she wouldnt be alowed but its been all ok (apart from the price ouch!).

I just checked the Gov web site about going home, it all seems straight forward not much to worry about as i never had much there anyway when i left.

Wont miss the bloody mosquitos, snakes and scorpians, they are basterds. Wont miss contracts that are worth nothing, hospitals that cant even spell Hygiene let alone have any. Wont miss the shits every other day, and the fact that Asians prefer to save face and die rather than admiting they are wrong. Wont miss telling every westerner where i come from and what i am doing here etc.... Wont miss the sheer lack of care for life here(I saw a chap bleed to death on the road today after a motorbike accident just only 2mins from a hospital, with a police man diverting traffic that slowed down to stare at the poor bastered).

Will miss my Daughter for the 4 months that we are apart. Will miss cheap beer, food. Will miss the adventure spirit that comes from being away from the UK for so long. Even Robinson Crusoe went home in the end!!!!!!!

Going Home Songs: Beatles Golden Slumbers!, Rod Stewart Sailing!

Just worried about getting a decent job etc... But i have always been good at that so i say **** asia....... and God bless England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

Last edited by killamansgiro; Feb 20th 2010 at 8:50 pm. Reason: Opps
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:50 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't wait God bless England

Smooth trip home
How is your GF getting into UK if you aren't married? Is it a fiancee visa of some sort? Or based on the baby being a brit maybe?
This is just me being nosy
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

killamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nicekillamansgiro is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Smooth trip home
How is your GF getting into UK if you aren't married? Is it a fiancee visa of some sort? Or based on the baby being a brit maybe?
This is just me being nosy
Thanks Yea,

Well by all accounts as she is the mother the UK Gov will let her in. But it will be better all round when we are married. Thats the master plan.

She will get a two year visa to stay, as long as she behaves accordingly she will be granted full british after a test! lol.

Go wales im half taff myself.

Did you make it home? or r u still outtta there in space?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the land of fruits and nuts.
Waiting/hoping/praying I get to move the family home sooner rather than later.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

You've just said a number of things that I've been thinking for a while.
Will be going back 'home' in 2 weeks and I seriously cannot wait. I'm starting to get excited, just a few loose ends to sort out then it's onto the plain sailing straight to that aircraft!

Another good song - Frank Sinatra's "My Way"

Good Luck with your return home! Hope everything works out for you
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:42 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, can't wait for it to be our turn!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Rosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and have a safe journey
Old Feb 21st 2010, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

Good luck to you, hope all goes well, we are going home on the 4th March
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

sammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud of

Good luck and huge positive vibes beaming your way! We're stuck in Tokyo at present but saving the dosh to return! With your positive attitude,you'll overcome anything!

Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:43 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patzy
Good luck to you, hope all goes well, we are going home on the 4th March
March forth! Good luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
March forth! Good luck.
Thank you. Just a waiting game now.......1 car sold, 1 to go, all furniture gone, house rented.....can't wait
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:26 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and I'm only slightly jealous!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Another going home song?Paul McCartney's "I want to come home"Good luck with the move,hope all goes well for you.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

RobLindsay is an unknown quantity at this point

I really don't get this, perhaps it's because I live in England now, but I've just had enough of it, there's no jobs, no money and no hope of recovery anytime soon- I don't see what there is to miss.

Oh and going home songs? how about 'Going Home' by Mark Knopfler?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobLindsay
I really don't get this, perhaps it's because I live in England now, but I've just had enough of it, there's no jobs, no money and no hope of recovery anytime soon- I don't see what there is to miss.

Oh and going home songs? how about 'Going Home' by Mark Knopfler?
Have you ever lived anywhere other than the UK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.