Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

can you do the move in 8 weeks !!

Wikiposts

can you do the move in 8 weeks !!

Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

pammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to all
Default Re: can you do the move in 8 weeks !!

the internet is a wonderful thing - you can get everything organised and done and get out of there in your time frame - and you should! I came back for all your reasons and now realise, after much soul searching and agonising about not staying longer for my husband's sake, not staying longer to get over the initial homesickness yaddah yaddah yaddah that in the end it is not possible to please anybody so the best thing is please yourself, get your life back on track and everything else will fall into place - if the marriage is going to survive, it will. If hubby will get over the return back and get himself organised, things will be fine, if he doesn't, well at least you have sorted yourself and the kids out - it will all be fine - just go for it!! Good Luck - you may have reasons to question your decision at times during the next eight weeks, but in the end, you will not regret it!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pammiej
the internet is a wonderful thing - you can get everything organised and done and get out of there in your time frame - and you should! I came back for all your reasons and now realise, after much soul searching and agonising about not staying longer for my husband's sake, not staying longer to get over the initial homesickness yaddah yaddah yaddah that in the end it is not possible to please anybody so the best thing is please yourself, get your life back on track and everything else will fall into place - if the marriage is going to survive, it will. If hubby will get over the return back and get himself organised, things will be fine, if he doesn't, well at least you have sorted yourself and the kids out - it will all be fine - just go for it!! Good Luck - you may have reasons to question your decision at times during the next eight weeks, but in the end, you will not regret it!
I agree
Just get on and get back to the Uk as I was in the same situation in 2007, hubby and kids loved NZ and I could not settle. We had 2 dogs and a cat and a 40ft container, But I came home with one daughter and he and the others followed a month later. The whole emmigration process nearly wrecked our marriage and family but we r all back together, happily living back in the Uk and if I ask them all 2 yrs on, who would like to go back to NZ for good not one of them says me.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

thank you all so much for youre kind replys, it has been a stressfull 24 hours to say the least, the house is on the market and got shippers comming to give us a quote tommorow, i need to do a list to keep organised, still feel very emotional about the whole process just hope it is the right decision, will keep you all updated
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

Hi MITF, were in wales are you from we are from wrexham in north wales, soon to be heading back there, thanks for youre advice
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachaey
Hi MITF, were in wales are you from we are from wrexham in north wales, soon to be heading back there, thanks for youre advice
Hi Rach, I do know how you are feeling...going through it myself...lol...North Wales is a lovely area....just think of things you can do if you do get fed/up....visiting those lovely castles....Llandudno is a lovely day out...you can even go dry skiing there..even watch all the Jet ski in the bay...Betsy coed.....Snowdonia range......even Chester and Liverpool are an easy visit for good shopping...just think of all the good things you want to do when your feeling down..things you have missed and just cannot do here....you will be fine...honest...now to start taking some of my own advice..lol..
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:45 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

We are from along the coast a bit. Colwyn Bay and Conwy area. I have friends in Wrexham and went to college there lived in the girls residence at the back of the college (Ahhh the good old days )
Good luck with the move I wish I was coming with you.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

we did it in 6 weeks from time of deciding to return to actually landing back. easy just gotta be organised and on top of all the tasks. we had a garage sale the weekend before we flew home. do a countdown calendar and tick em off as you go! Good luck!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

hi just thought i would give a quick update, we are due to go back to uk in 3 weeks i have the shipping booked but have yet to book flights, we have been informed that we can only get 2 of our kids in the old school, i am at a loss and feel like giving up one of the main reasons for going back is the kids have not settled and want to go back to old school. Nothing is going well we have not sold our house and cant seem to get anyone to rent it, we have made an appeal to the LEA so will have to wait and see we are cutting it fine as this will probably give us one week to book flights etc. We have decided if the kids dont all get in their school the move will be cancelled.
anyhow will keep you posted
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:36 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

hi just thought i would give a quick update, we are due to go back to uk in 3 weeks i have the shipping booked but have yet to book flights, we have been informed that we can only get 2 of our kids in the old school, i am at a loss and feel like giving up one of the main reasons for going back is the kids have not settled and want to go back to old school. Nothing is going well we have not sold our house and cant seem to get anyone to rent it, we have made an appeal to the LEA so will have to wait and see we are cutting it fine as this will probably give us one week to book flights etc. We have decided if the kids dont all get in their school the move will be cancelled.
Don't give up I'm sure they'll fit all the kids in even if it isn't until the new school year starts, till then hang in there and keep trying to sell that house
Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

What ever you DONT cancel-Its will workout.........

Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

cheers!! not giving in yet just hope it works out just cant see the point to getting ourselves in debt loads and having to live with family for the forseeable future if we dont sell, can just about manage it if we rent but we will still be paying out as rent will not cover all outgoings here as just found out as landlord you still have to pay council rates and water, just sold one car today so maybe our luck is changing the kids have said no way to going to another school as all their friends are not there, god i am super stressed!!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

I hope things work out. Do you mind me asking how did you manage to get dealings with the LEA when you are not in the country. I am being told they won't do anything until we are in the UK and have an address.

Thanks Poppet
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 2:44 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

cheers!! not giving in yet just hope it works out just cant see the point to getting ourselves in debt loads and having to live with family for the forseeable future if we dont sell, can just about manage it if we rent but we will still be paying out as rent will not cover all outgoings here as just found out as landlord you still have to pay council rates and water, just sold one car today so maybe our luck is changing the kids have said no way to going to another school as all their friends are not there, god i am super stressed!!
Just to wish you lots of luck with the house sell.

The school issue will sort out..you may just have to wait for a space for the other child at the same school. I am sure you'll be on top of the list. Spaces come up all the time.

It will be worth it in the end..all the children back with their friends. Hang in there and have the occasional 10 mins to relax now and then.

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Yes it's possible I did it, but we were renting. Can your Dh stay behind and sell up the house if it isn't gone by then so you can start your job?
Yes, renting is key because usually, the bulk of most people's cash is tied up in their homes. When my home was sold I felt I was more than half way there. The problem with this moving countries lark is that many things have to be left until the last minute. It gets even more complicated when pets and spousal visas are involved. Also, as you get older it seems to become more difficult. But, I think you are right, do it quick and get the whole process over with and back to normality as soon as possible.

Last edited by johnh009; Mar 22nd 2010 at 3:11 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing happend to two friends....one went back and All the children now attend the same school....the other friend is still here as in her own words..."it seemed like a good excuse in a way to stay...easier"...but she is hating it now and the older daughter has a boyfriends now and says no way will she move back to the U.K....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.