Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

can you do the move in 8 weeks !!

Wikiposts

can you do the move in 8 weeks !!

Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about
Default can you do the move in 8 weeks !!

Hi everyone, i have not been on here for a while and realy didnt expect to be posting this thread but here i am fourteen months after moving to oz, now facing my return to the uk with hubby and 3 kids. The reasons for this are in a nutshell, 1, missing my family and friends, 2, just not feeling at home here and know i never will,3, saving my sanity as i have become anxious, stressed and depressed. 4,saving my marriage although not sure if it is too late, 5. kids missing home, these are not in order of importance by the way.I have today been given a time limit of 8 weeks to get back to uk so i can get my old job back which i loved do you guys think it possible to do this, we have a house to sell also,my hubby is not too keen on going back but is willing to. I am feeling major stress today as dont know what to do also having a wobble about moving back probably because it is a beautifull day outside, any advice is much appreciated thank you so much
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:15 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you do the move in 8 weeks !!

Yes it's possible I did it, but we were renting. Can your Dh stay behind and sell up the house if it isn't gone by then so you can start your job?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:37 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

I agree with mummy in the foothills (can I call you mummy) and go back alone if you can. Then hubby will miss you too and you can rekindle all that love that may have got lost with the stress of emigration.

My husband I found it hard too. If one of you is really sad all the time, it's difficult to keep connected. I really hope it all works out for you. But go home, and get that job back that you loved. That would be a great start!

Lots of luck to you!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely it is possible. When we moved to Australia we packed up, sold the house and got a visa (belatedly remembered I would need one) in 4 weeks. At least you wont have the visa problem, just hope all your passports are up to date.

If someone told me I could go I would be gone by the end of the week - anything is possible!

I agree with MitFH - get yourself back and let him finish things up here if you need to be there within the specified time.

All the very best with it!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!

Remember, girls can do anything!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Yes!

Except reverse park.

(runs for cover )

To the OP, if it were me I'd go home, secure the job as a priority and everything else will fall into place around that. Sure you'll be shelling out for a short term rental and paying a mortgage but look at it as investing in your career and you'll be stakeholding a job you enjoy. Struggling to see the downside. Sometimes when you know, you just know.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Yes!

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Except reverse park.

(runs for cover )
So you've seen me driving then
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Except reverse park.

(runs for cover )

To the OP, if it were me I'd go home, secure the job as a priority and everything else will fall into place around that. Sure you'll be shelling out for a short term rental and paying a mortgage but look at it as investing in your career and you'll be stakeholding a job you enjoy. Struggling to see the downside. Sometimes when you know, you just know.
why is it then that the two accidents I have had...and not caused.... I would like to add......have been MEN..lol......one drove off like a bat out of hell...leaving me with my insurance to cover it....swine...the other a young chap who actually came into the building and asked who's car was the light blue one parked near the entrance....what a sweetie....I went half with him as he was on P Plates....
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Of course you can. Just book the container, flights...then pack your bags

Leave the house up for sale.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachaey
Hi everyone, i have not been on here for a while and realy didnt expect to be posting this thread but here i am fourteen months after moving to oz, now facing my return to the uk with hubby and 3 kids. The reasons for this are in a nutshell, 1, missing my family and friends, 2, just not feeling at home here and know i never will,3, saving my sanity as i have become anxious, stressed and depressed. 4,saving my marriage although not sure if it is too late, 5. kids missing home, these are not in order of importance by the way.I have today been given a time limit of 8 weeks to get back to uk so i can get my old job back which i loved do you guys think it possible to do this, we have a house to sell also,my hubby is not too keen on going back but is willing to. I am feeling major stress today as dont know what to do also having a wobble about moving back probably because it is a beautifull day outside, any advice is much appreciated thank you so much
Hi, a lady I met here many moons ago now was so unhappy, hubby loved it....she wanted to return home with the 2 children for the same reasons as you mentioned.....they could not sell their home in time so she went on her own within 6 weeks...had everything they needed "shippped" left bare min for the home to look okay to sell and for OH to use while selling the home....their marriage had gone through the mill mainly because of the move here....anyway cut a long story short he followed after nearly 3 months and cannot now leave his wife alone...(if you know what I mean driving her nuts now in another way..lol...so yes you can do it if you really want to, might be a little bit more stressful and not the perfect way we might all plan it but it will all work out as it should (another one of my dad's sayings..lol.) your happy and your children and Oh will be happy, sometimes we do need to put ourselves first just for our own sanity which does not always come natural to some Mums or others...good luck and if you feel stressed etc...just think of your life to come if you choose to leave..sounds better than life as it is here for you...I think most of us have those days where it looks nice and feels good especially when we are planning to go home...the mind plays strange things on us....but can good weather help you get over the things you miss as mentioned if you think it can then give it more time....
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Forget my last waffling reply...just listen to Rach..she says it just how it is....lol......a wise woman....even though she is from Yorkshire..lol..
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
why is it then that the two accidents I have had...and not caused.... I would like to add......have been MEN..lol......one drove off like a bat out of hell...leaving me with my insurance to cover it....swine...the other a young chap who actually came into the building and asked who's car was the light blue one parked near the entrance....what a sweetie....I went half with him as he was on P Plates....
Just accept it will always be the woman's fault. I'm pretty sure it says so in the Bible, somewhere near the back.

(see how tough I get when I'm legging it outta the country? )
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Forget my last waffling reply...just listen to Rach..she says it just how it is....lol......a wise woman....even though she is from Yorkshire..lol..
We are both from Yorkshire arn't we

No time to waffle in my book, i just get on with things. After living in OZ i realised life is too ****ing short
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:11 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

You need your sanity back ...so make it happen. Lots to do in a short time but it is possible...great about the job.

Just chill and enjoy the last 8 weeks of Oz..

Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
We are both from Yorkshire arn't we

No time to waffle in my book, i just get on with things. After living in OZ i realised life is too ****ing short
Oh Rach I am insulted...lol..although yorkshire has to be my 2nd favorite county.(would not admit to that when home though)...I am as they say in the song "I'm a Lassie from Lancashire".....cut me in half and I am like Blackpool Rock....I will have Lancashire (amongst other things..lol) written in the centre...know what you mean about getting on with life...already have been invited to my neice's hen party in Spain..then she is also having a Meal in Manchester...a Wedding in Chester...I am feeling overwhelmed...after years of knitting...lol...(I have not got that low..lol)and being in bed by 9.30pm..it all seems to much...lol....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.