Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Can I get laksa and tom yum paste in UK supermarkets

Wikiposts

Can I get laksa and tom yum paste in UK supermarkets

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get laksa and tom yum paste in UK supermarkets

Hey S, Can def get Corriander plants and Kaffir lime leaves in Tescos (my local one anyway!). They may not put the pastes you want online as stores vary some products, but most larger stores have their own 'worldwide' sections now and I would be surprised if you couldn't get these things in that section. My local Tesco sold a huge array of foreign produce - could find pretty much anything!

Good luck, but really thought you'd have bigger things to think about than, colourbond fences, vanity units and laksa paste!!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:26 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Hey S, Can def get Corriander plants and Kaffir lime leaves in Tescos (my local one anyway!). They may not put the pastes you want online as stores vary some products, but most larger stores have their own 'worldwide' sections now and I would be surprised if you couldn't get these things in that section. My local Tesco sold a huge array of foreign produce - could find pretty much anything!

Good luck, but really thought you'd have bigger things to think about than, colourbond fences, vanity units and laksa paste!!!!!
Well, I am suitably peed off now!! How come your Tescos does lime leaves and mine doesnt??
I am gonna do my grumpy old woman routine in there when i get back.... that'll teach 'em
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, very helpful

I'm not 100% that it is Glasgow I am heading for, it would just be easier I guess and there is not much jobs wise in the Highlands.

I am so looking forward to a right curry...mmmm

S - there ARE definitely more important things to worry about yes, but it's fun to ponder the shallower things in life, and there are things I will miss about Aus so trying to minimise the reverse culture shock maybe.