Can he work in the UK??

Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

kasidaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can he work in the UK??

Can anybody help me or have any useful information to give me to help my 17 yr old son??
We emigrated as a family in 2008 to Canada having lived in the UK all our lives, my son left Canada to go back to the UK as he was just not settling here..tough age to bring him across I guess, he was 15 when we came, so he did not finish his education in the UK, and he left here just after his 17th birthday again did not finish his last year in high school over here before going back....we tried effortlessy to change his mind but we couldnt...what is he entitled to as a british subject ?? Can he work ?? Is he entitled to any allowance Job seekers etc he is being told that he has to be back in the uk for at least a year before he can be entitled to anything i.e work...I find this so hard to believe and trying to get a direct answer out of him as to what hes pursued out there is like getting blood out of a stone I am desperatly trying to help get him some answers but its hard to do 4000 miles away from him, so im hoping someone on here who reads this can help me help him. Thank you from a concerned mother...
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can he work in the UK??

Originally Posted by kasidaddy
Can anybody help me or have any useful information to give me to help my 17 yr old son??
We emigrated as a family in 2008 to Canada having lived in the UK all our lives, my son left Canada to go back to the UK as he was just not settling here..tough age to bring him across I guess, he was 15 when we came, so he did not finish his education in the UK, and he left here just after his 17th birthday again did not finish his last year in high school over here before going back....we tried effortlessy to change his mind but we couldnt...what is he entitled to as a british subject ?? Can he work ?? Is he entitled to any allowance Job seekers etc he is being told that he has to be back in the uk for at least a year before he can be entitled to anything i.e work...I find this so hard to believe and trying to get a direct answer out of him as to what hes pursued out there is like getting blood out of a stone I am desperatly trying to help get him some answers but its hard to do 4000 miles away from him, so im hoping someone on here who reads this can help me help him. Thank you from a concerned mother...
If he is a British national, he can work right away, and apply for jobseekers benefits. I am looking to do the same thing, I am 52 and have lived in the US for 34 yrs, but I am a British national, and therefore can work there and live there no problems I have a British birth certificate, and both of my parents are British.
Jackie
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:24 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
If he is a British national, he can work right away, and apply for jobseekers benefits. I am looking to do the same thing, I am 52 and have lived in the US for 34 yrs, but I am a British national, and therefore can work there and live there no problems I have a British birth certificate, and both of my parents are British.
Jackie
Yeah that
Ds Moved back this spring and was signed up for jobseekers, right away, they didn't pay him for a while but he still had to sign on every two weeks, then he started getting money and continued to sign on while he looked for work. He also signed up with some temp agencies who got him a day or two here and there. Now he's finally full time and doing fine.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

he should visit the nearest jobcentreplus office where he will be given all the assistance he needs

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...kers/index.htm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...port/index.htm
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 2:18 am
Just Joined

kasidaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies guys,
I will pass the info and links on