Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:23 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

Hey Guys,

I'm going to be in Liverpool for a conference in November. Have never been 'up North' and we're going to be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary as well, so I need a good restaurant to go to. We both love spicy food and we'll be staying by Liverpool One, so would love somewhere a bit local and probably an Indian, Chinese, or Thai that serves really good food, but don't necessarily have to dress up too much for.

We're also going to be in Liverpool the next day to maybe do a bit of site-seeing before going back down to Birmingham, so what is there to see?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Liverpudlians - need some food help

you'll get good recommendations on here but also go to tripadvisor.com. brilliant website for asking question on where to eat, sleep, stay etc. etc. etc.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:30 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
you'll get good recommendations on here but also go to tripadvisor.com. brilliant website for asking question on where to eat, sleep, stay etc. etc. etc.
Thanks Fulwood. I'll have a look on there.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

If the sun is shining the rip up the road to Formby to see the statues in the sea, its pretty cool then back to Albert dock for a wander around, good museum on there worth a look, there is also the new museum of Liverpool that may or may not now be open right next to the Albert dock. Besides that the city centre is not worth any particular mention above any other city in the UK.
Cant help with restaurants as I only used to work there and not eat there
Good shopping outlets at Cheshire Oaks on the other side of the mersey at Ellesmere Port if you are into shopping
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:03 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
If the sun is shining the rip up the road to Formby to see the statues in the sea, its pretty cool then back to Albert dock for a wander around, good museum on there worth a look, there is also the new museum of Liverpool that may or may not now be open right next to the Albert dock. Besides that the city centre is not worth any particular mention above any other city in the UK.
Cant help with restaurants as I only used to work there and not eat there
Good shopping outlets at Cheshire Oaks on the other side of the mersey at Ellesmere Port if you are into shopping
That all sounds very promising. Thanks heaps for that
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sass73
Thanks Fulwood. I'll have a look on there.
Hello Sass. I'm not a Liverpudlian ( Scouser), I am from Shropshire, but still in Thailand, till next March. However, Do not miss seeing the Cathedral -with your camera, and you MUST go to Lime Street, to see what's on at the Empire Theatre. Lots of eateries, around Lime Street. - as all theatre-goers eat before a show, or after. You may get a meal in the theatre - I haven't been for a long time. best wishes. don.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:17 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Cheers Don. I'll look into it.