Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

BUXTON & peak district anyone?

BUXTON & peak district anyone?

Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

tuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nice
Default BUXTON & peak district anyone?

Ok, it's a bit random, but i fancy starting my new life in the peak district. Came from down south but fancy moviing further north.
Anyone know anything about Buxton? It looks lovely and the housing isn't too expensive, in fact, rentals are cheap compared to the south.
OH is a tradie , what's the likelihood of getting work at the moment near enough to Buxton? I think it is close(ish) to Sheffied? and about an hour from Manchester: so, if a job was available in Manchester are there any other nice towns in the Peaks or outskirts that are commutable to Manchester? Also i think Notts isn't too far.
Any info on the Peaks would be great
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:02 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BUXTON & peak district anyone?

Originally Posted by tuppins
Ok, it's a bit random, but i fancy starting my new life in the peak district. Came from down south but fancy moviing further north.
Anyone know anything about Buxton? It looks lovely and the housing isn't too expensive, in fact, rentals are cheap compared to the south.
OH is a tradie , what's the likelihood of getting work at the moment near enough to Buxton? I think it is close(ish) to Sheffied? and about an hour from Manchester: so, if a job was available in Manchester are there any other nice towns in the Peaks or outskirts that are commutable to Manchester? Also i think Notts isn't too far.
Any info on the Peaks would be great
I grew up walking the peaks, lovely area. Lots of small towns close to Manchester. Greenfield, Saddleworth, Upper Mill (fav of mine), Glossop, Didsbury etc. Top end of Stalybridge is not bad also. Been years since i was in Buxton - Bakewell is somewhere around there as well which is a lovely little place.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice
Default Re: BUXTON & peak district anyone?

Lots of tarts though in Bakewell, which is never a bad thing anyhoot eeeeeeee you can't go wrong lookin' up that way, It is a great area. We lived just down the road a little (Repton)for 12 years but always loved the Buxton/Ashbourne area right the way up to Manchester on the B roads was a great run and loads of villages/towns with old mills, streams, pubs and more than anything HISTORY! more than can be said for over here.
Good luck anyway and have fun lookin'