Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Brits move abroad in record numbers

Brits move abroad in record numbers

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits move abroad in record numbers

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Wombat41 has a problem with MS. MS has a problem with Wombat42.

Ergo they are both poofters.
Excellent analysis

With incisive reasoning like that, you should stand for Aussie parliament...
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:57 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Wombat41 has a problem with MS. MS has a problem with Wombat42.

Ergo they are both poofters.
They say it takes one to know one, so you must be one youself,
Wombat41 might be a poof but by names Wombat42 and l'm not.

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
dear oh dear(!) boys..

Have to say, when people talk about how ''high brow'' the UK is, I only have to look at the chavscum (new word for me, never heard it in general use) in most shopping centres in the entire country and open the Sun newspaper to realise that the UK, like most countries in the world has a less desirable "underclass"...

it's all over the world.

Have to admit, and its only my opinion, I'd take my chances with a ute driving, blue heeler owning working class Aussie over "chavscum" any day. At least the ute driving, blue heeler thing relates/celebrates a culture - agriculture - rural. Can't see the chav point at all(!)

Feel free to disagree - anyone

BM
Yes, I disagree
You're not comparing like with like. Chavscum are not comparable to the Aussie agricultural sector. Chavscum UK are comparable to the dole scrounging, smoking, drugged up, lazy arse shites that frequent many an Aussie shopping mall. Chavscum do donuts round shopping car parks late at night - you call them hoons over there Badge. And yes, Australia does have a problem with them.

Neither Chavs nor the Aussie agricultural sector represent the 'working class' of their respective countries. Australia has a strong agricultural economy - people whose BUSINESS and LIVELIHOOD is farming. They have nothing in common - class or otherwise - with chavs, nor is it fair to say that the Aussie rural sector is 'underclass'.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 12:46 pm
the-smiths

Well.....if the story below is anything to go by, then people like Tony Martin will soon be seen as heroes. I think Chavs day are numbered, as a mum with a kid, it can be terrifying being at home, and some kids break into your house.

MET CHIEF OKS VIOLENCE AGAINST BURGLARS Dec 4 2004

By Shaun Connolly

HOUSEHOLDERS should be allowed to use whatever force is necessary to protect their homes, Britain's top policeman said last night.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens reportedly said even if a struggle led to an intruder's death the law should presume the homeowner was acting lawfully unless facts proved otherwise. Raid victims should only be prosecuted over injuries to intruders in "extreme cases" where gratuitous violence was used.

Sir John told a newspaper: "People should be allowed to use what force is necessary and be allowed to do so without risk of prosecution. Of course you don't want to have gratuitous or excessive violence...but you have to be given the power to use what is necessary.

"I'm not talking about guns, but people being able to defend themselves against someone who may well be armed with a knife."

Calling for the law to be clarified, Sir John said the current test of "reasonable force" was weighted against householders.

Originally Posted by sloake
Thats outrageous.. almost as bad a shooting some one in the back and killing them, as they make good their escape from your Farmhouse.. Mr Tony Martin stand up..

There is crime everywhere... and idiots who carry out revenge attacks.. appear to be everywhere as well.

Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:13 am
Badge

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Yes, I disagree
You're not comparing like with like. Chavscum are not comparable to the Aussie agricultural sector. Chavscum UK are comparable to the dole scrounging, smoking, drugged up, lazy arse shites that frequent many an Aussie shopping mall. Chavscum do donuts round shopping car parks late at night - you call them hoons over there Badge. And yes, Australia does have a problem with them.

Neither Chavs nor the Aussie agricultural sector represent the 'working class' of their respective countries. Australia has a strong agricultural economy - people whose BUSINESS and LIVELIHOOD is farming. They have nothing in common - class or otherwise - with chavs, nor is it fair to say that the Aussie rural sector is 'underclass'.
I couldn't agree with you more HP. On the thread over on the other forum, where this developed in greater detail, someone said just what you have said, and I agreesd; I added to this and said to leave out the genuine Aussie battler/agriculture worker - and the genuine UK suburbanite - someone attacked them too.

I was not even saying that agriculture workers were scum - far from it - I have worked in that sector myself.(!)

I'm talking about dress codes in the main, that's all. Chavscum attire serves no purpose what so ever, singlets and the rest do. That's as deep as I meant to go I suppose;-) Perhaps I failed to draw a sufficiently clear parallel, perhaps I meant the most feral of ferals..or something.....

incidentally, on the subject of agriculture, I have no problem with the blue heeler etc image, but I know many on this forum who do...

still don't like the chavscum thing though:-)

BM

Last edited by Badge; Dec 5th 2004 at 3:19 am.