Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Brits in Lancaster, PA area or near?

Wikiposts

Brits in Lancaster, PA area or near?

Old Sep 19th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Lancaster, PA area or near?

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
There was a real Fish n chip shop on the corner of the main street (cant remember the name) and 9th in Lebanon PA.

I deliver there quite often to wengerts dairy (Swizz maid) on wlanut street, in fact I am often around the area, there are two places I deliver to in Lebanon, one in Hanover and one in Lancaster.

Nice area

I deliver Wengerts tomorrow (21st sept) at 1.00pm
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

juliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud of

If anyone's interested, I've just started a thread for Harrisburg/York PA meet up at Passage to India for a decent curry & chinwag Figured I'd suggest the place and let everyone else fight over the date LOL!! Sounds like there's a few of us in this area
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:38 am
Just Joined

PKinPA is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in Lancaster, PA - just outside the city on Old Phila Pike. I moved here about 3-4 years ago from Kent. I've since found where I can get hold of baked beans, Magners Irish Cider, and Newcastle Brown - more or less everything I need! It's a bit of a long-shot (no pun intended) but does anyone know of a good place to play snooker? I used to love the relaxed atmosphere of the snooker club, playing a few frames and necking a couple pints. I have found a couple of snooker tables towards Philly area, but nothing that great. Any ideas, anyone? Anyone feeling a strong urge for a couple of frames some time??

I'm new to this forum by the way and I love it - I've been feeling pretty homesick lately so this stuff is good for me!

Cheers all.
Old May 4th 2010, 8:05 am
Just Joined

uslynnukandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Posted this in York PA a min ago

Hey Hey so we have the York Crew...The Lancaster Crew and The Harrisburg Crew. Wow are there any Brits left overseas ?????????

Oh sorry can't forget the Wayup North New York State Crew....Hey Hey Pat :-)

So Hello Everyone My name is Andrew i live in Hershey PA close to everyone it seems. I am friends with a couple of people on here from the area who are British.

Totally Love Doctor Who :-) wish had BBC America in HD but oh well.

We must get a meet up going one weekend have a picnic in a park which is close enough for everyone to get too.
Gosh i hate this weather right now.........

One thing would be great to have a game of snooker and a few pints....can't wait till JUly will try to get at least one of the two done lol
Old May 4th 2010, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uslynnukandrew
Posted this in York PA a min ago

Hey Hey so we have the York Crew...The Lancaster Crew and The Harrisburg Crew. Wow are there any Brits left overseas ?????????

Oh sorry can't forget the Wayup North New York State Crew....Hey Hey Pat :-)

So Hello Everyone My name is Andrew i live in Hershey PA close to everyone it seems. I am friends with a couple of people on here from the area who are British.

Totally Love Doctor Who :-) wish had BBC America in HD but oh well.

We must get a meet up going one weekend have a picnic in a park which is close enough for everyone to get too.
Gosh i hate this weather right now.........

One thing would be great to have a game of snooker and a few pints....can't wait till JUly will try to get at least one of the two done lol
Spit that chocolate out before you talk
Old May 31st 2010, 5:43 am
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

Lived in Lancaster for a little over 3 years. Go back 3 or 4 times a year to visit Dave at Britain's Best in 'downtown' Lancaster - there are usually no crisps left after I visit
Code:
25 West King Street
Lancaster, PA 17603-3836
(717) 299-5541
If you haven't visited there then you really need to, like a proper little corner shop it is, with loads of great British goodies.

I've since moved to Delaware where I've got Stoney's Pub a couple of miles down the road and our local Super Giant has a small British section with such wonders as PG Tips, Pickled Onions, Rich Tea biccys, real Baked Beans and about 25 other items.