British Winters

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default British Winters

I would love to hear from anyone who has returned from Australia to the U.K.as to how they have copped with the British winters,most expats that I have spoken to say this would be one of the reasons that they would not return, are they really that bad.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Winters

although I am not an expat I feel I must comment on this

Over the last few years winters have been pretty mild, last yr for eg had more rain than anything else and some days we left our back door open for hours as if did not feel like winter. So regarding snow and frost in winter We of late haven't had much of it so I wouldn't say they were that bad.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:31 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
I would love to hear from anyone who has returned from Australia to the U.K.as to how they have copped with the British winters,most expats that I have spoken to say this would be one of the reasons that they would not return, are they really that bad.
I dont think that they are, it depends on the individual. I always lived in the Uk, and love the wind, rain, thunder storms, butfor the past year have been living in the uae but not long term.
I personally feel that I would be able to adapt back into the british weather without any problems because I miss it all, there is nothing nicer than thick jumpers and boots.
I do , however agree that over the years that doors or windows have been left open because it has been warm, pleasantly so.

Heart
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:28 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

The thing I notice most when I travel back to the UK from Australia in the northern winter is not the cold but the lack of light. The darkness worries me much more than the cold, which is, to be honest, trivial compared with cold that I have experienced in some other places. All I have managed to do is to make the most of the light when it does exist (e.g. make a point of taking a walk at lunchtime and not spending the whole of the daylight hours in an office).